Pedal Commander...Best Mod I have done

How difficult is it to access the accelerator connection point where the Pedal Commander and others need to be connected?
on a scale from 1 to 10. 1 being putting in gas, 10 being engine replacement. I'd say this is a 2

ac5uuw00000361.gif

pedal is held to the floor with four bolts, remove pedal, find plug, unplug - insert device, plug back in, bolt back down. I'd say ~15 mins tops.

Would this improve throttle response and transmission downshifting on our 2014? I absolutely hate how I have to just about floor the damn thing to get it to downshift when I want additional acceleration over whatever speed I'm cruising at. The lag to downshift is one of the most annoying things with our 2014 2.5L Touring.

All modern vehicles are drive by wire and as such as subject to pedal input delay. This device will help reduce the delay between pedal and the computer responsible to turn that into action. I would say yes the device will help the downshift delay (you have to floor the damn thing) as the pedal will be more sensitive to input.

No not yet jjhebigscreen still like the City +2 mode. That*s my next mode to try. I*m actually getting ready to tow a U Haul trailer for my daughter*s college move. I*ll need to figure a mode for that. Recommendations?

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
Any update @Azeke?

I ordered one for the CX-5 this week.. I've been happy with it on my GX 460 the last few years.

This is a good video that shows that "mash the throttle" isn't the same and these throttle controllers open throttle plate quicker

I'm not buying for that purpose but would like to make throttle a little more aggressive.

Off topic here, sorry but I have noticed that SixPackABS is from RDFORUM. Which radar detector do you have? I have documented there my setup, a while back.
On my M3TH I used to have the R7 before, now it's the R4 on duty. On my CRV the R3 and on my wifes car the RPm

Just a quick drive today but PC definitely made some positive drivability changes I couldn't simply emulate with my foot. I like this on my GX as well.. can't believe I waited this long to throw on on the CX-5 as well. Even though no HP increase of course... it's manipulating the throttle plate in ways that make the car feel a lot peppier without having to just throw down the hammer on the gas pedal.

Just a quick drive today but PC definitely made some positive drivability changes I couldn't simply emulate with my foot. I like this on my GX as well.. can't believe I waited this long to throw on on the CX-5 as well. Even though no HP increase of course... it's manipulating the throttle plate in ways that make the car feel a lot peppier without having to just throw down the hammer on the gas pedal.

I agree, the throttle controller (Sprint Booster) is my favourite mod on my CX-9 so far.

I'd encourage some other '13-'15 CX-5 owners to try it out. I've experienced some positive gear holding on hills I have never felt before. It really does drive differently. Looks like a $9 charge to test it out for 30 days if you aren't satisfied. I'm definitely keeping mine. Vehicle seems even more playful and not like it is lugging around all the time. ECO make quite it lethargic... curious what that would do for MPG.

This is model I purchased (PC 41)

There is a $75 off coupon - BFH75

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 9.58.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 9.59.12 AM.png

If you paid over $25 for something you can do with your ankle, you wasted a LOT of money.

P.T. Barnum was right.

If you paid over $25 for something you can do with your ankle, you wasted a LOT of money.

P.T. Barnum was right.
Somebody got up from the wrong side of the bed this morning.
And really, when is $25 a LOT of money?
Be happy for these folks.

And, I'm probably going to do the same thing in the spring.
I've never been 100% happy with the throttle response from my 6. My ankle can't fix it.

P.T. Barnum was right.

People always say this. Press the accelerator more if you want the same experience. For the most part, it's true, you can get the same experience by pressing the pedal harder. I like it because I don't have to press the pedal harder to get the desired effect. The car isn't any faster, it just feels like it is because what used to be 20% throttle now feels like 40% throttle (just throwing numbers out to illustrate the example). Is it a waste of money? For you, maybe. I've enjoyed mine, so it's worth every penny for me (I paid $280 CAD for a Sprint Booster).

Can you elaborate on the P.T Barnum comment? What did he say/what was he right about?

Very happy with the purchase and no regrets. I don't have a sport switch either on my '15.

If it works like it does on my other rig... it will open the throttle plate faster than a simple pedal mashing.

I've heard that with these devices, if you set the throttle to be any more sensitive than just straight linear 0 to 100%, then the car ends up feeling slower up top. You press the pedal part way, the throttle plate opens more than that same corresponding amount, leaving not much left of the engine power range for when you press the pedal the rest of the way down.

I've heard that with these devices, if you set the throttle to be any more sensitive than just straight linear 0 to 100%, then the car ends up feeling slower up top. You press the pedal part way, the throttle plate opens more than that same corresponding amount, leaving not much left of the engine power range for when you press the pedal the rest of the way down.

Yes I believe this is true. Depending on the settings of the controller, I imagine that at, say, 70% pedal position, the throttle is maxed out, and pressing the pedal any further does nothing.

Yes I believe this is true. Depending on the settings of the controller, I imagine that at, say, 70% pedal position, the throttle is maxed out, and pressing the pedal any further does nothing.
well, if it functions like the pedal commander graph shows, a small pedal press might produce a larger opening, such as 50% throttle at 30% pedal press. But then that last 50% throttle is spread out over the remaining 70% of pedal travel. That's what I meant by the top end feeling more sluggish. Less movement for a greater pedal travel up top in the Sport modes.

Latest posts

Back