Pearl White or Brilliant Black? Help!

Batsheva

:
2011 CX-9
So I'm about to buy the 2011 CX-9 and can't decide between the black and white. The interior is going to be sand leather. Any insights? How hard are black and white to keep clean? Realistically, I'm not going to wash it weekly. Which do you love/hate and why?
Thanks!

pearl white...looks good with white wheels, black wheels, gold wheels, gunmetal wheels, bronze wheels and with that sandy leather uhhhh we. realistically, you're gonna want to wash it every chance you get, white or black. i hear la smog isn't to kind to cars.

we have a brilliant black, man it's hard work to keep her clean. the white might "wear" the light dirt better. BTW BB w/ black interior.

I have the Brilliant Black with sand interior. Although it wasn't my first choice of color (I really wanted the Copper Red Mica), I think the color combination looks great. As tonyj mentioned, the black does show dust quite a bit and I feel the white wouldn't show it as much. I've had it for just over 6 months and I haven't cleaned it much during the winter months. But when it's clean, it looks fantastic!

I did find out not to wash it after it's been in the sun all day. It retains the heat and dries spotted before I can dry it myself. Early morning washing works best.

I don't think you can go wrong with either color.

Brilliant Black here... I do love my black vehicles, '08 CX-9 GT and a black 03 Altima SE-3.5

But the dust is impossible, and keeping them clean and shining is a chore. Dust magnet - yes! Really thinking about the Dolphin Grey on the next one.

The pearl white makes for a sharp CX-9. However I am not a big fan of the large front end smile on the newer 9's, and the white really shows the grin. MPO

Pearl white for sure! But, I'm a little biased.

In my opinion though black cars are usually harder to keep looking good. Swirls and light scratches on the clear coat are usually more apparent, whereas they are less visible in light coloured cars.

Black interior, which, from what I understand, they don't offer anymore in white. Problem with tan leather is that it gets dirty, very fast, and the dirt makes the interior look nasty. Black interior has a better resale value. Go for the mica or the black exterior. Black on black baby.

I love the white. I think the deeper color tone of the white plus the addition it is much easier to keep clean. I have the Copper Red Mica and would have preferred the White if I could do it all over again. I do agree I think the black interior looks a little richer than the tan. I have the tan and it is a bit harder to keep looking clean. Black would just heat up much worse in the sun or if you live in a warmer climate.

The white just looks better when a little dirty. Black shows everything but does look great when clean.

I love a black vehicle and have owned several, but I was always working too hard to try and keep it looking great. My wife's car, a White Explorer (her choice) is the 2nd white vehicle we've owned, and I have to say, although it's not the best looking (my opinion of course) it does stay looking nice a LOT longer than just about any other color out there. And here in New England, we have cars that look like crap for 4 or 5 months because of the wet roads / salt. But the white tends to hide that dirt pretty well. And when I finally get to clean it, I'm always shocked at how dirty it really was.
Since you live in LA, I would have a harder choice making that decision, since you will likely have a vehicle that stays cleaner longer. So, I guess I was absolutely no help!(dunno)

I had the same dilemma when I bought mine, if the plastic trim on the bottom was color matching, like the CX-7 I would have gone with white, but I wasn't a fan of the dual-tone, so I went with black.

I have a black on black, i would not recommend black leather interior sand is much better, but black paint all the way, where im at there's a 3.00 carwash machine which is not the crappy string carwash this is a full detail carwash place that does 3.00 for exterior wash with free vacuum, you hve to vacuum but for that i get my cx-9 weekly bath so not so bad shine is better on black

I'm a little biased as well .. I had a Navy blue car before and it was too much of a PITA to keep clean, that's why I went with the white.

Pearl white is clean and classy! Interior either way, sand or black. Black paint is tough to keep polished, and it shows everything.

Went with Pearl White here, it is a good looking color - but in addition a lot easier to take care of...

Once I read that the primer was white then it was pretty much the only color I was going to go for...

Sand interior gives a nice contrast, and the carpets are still black...

Funny....the person that started this thread (Batsheva) only posted once.....we don't know which color he eventually chose.

Well.....? What did you get???

I always let my wife choose colors, and I choose makes/models.
It has been working very well through the years.

One of my biggest complaints with my CX-9 (Copper Red) is the paint job. It was not beautiful to begin with and it seems to scratch and chip easily. I believe they charge a premium for the White color and wonder if this paint is of a higher quality. If so, I'd go with white. To me the only drawback with white is that it doesn't look the best with the grey trim on the lower part of the car.

One of my biggest complaints with my CX-9 (Copper Red) is the paint job. It was not beautiful to begin with and it seems to scratch and chip easily. I believe they charge a premium for the White color and wonder if this paint is of a higher quality. If so, I'd go with white. To me the only drawback with white is that it doesn't look the best with the grey trim on the lower part of the car.

Back