P0304 cyl 4 misfire..

ItsAzekii

:
2003 Mazda Protg5
Going to switch out the spark plugs but I have a feeling I have a bad coil. Will a cheap part store coil be OK while I save up for a full set of OEM? Or are there any better options as far as upgrading? Ive seen the 1.8 deal but don't quite understand the advantages of it.

Car is an 03 p5 2.0.

Going to switch out the spark plugs but I have a feeling I have a bad coil. Will a cheap part store coil be OK while I save up for a full set of OEM? Or are there any better options as far as upgrading? Ive seen the 1.8 deal but don't quite understand the advantages of it.

Car is an 03 p5 2.0.

The coils are more or less the same. Even the OEM ones don't last long.

I have bought two Duralast coils from Autozone, one is almost three years old now and working fine.

I have a new standard motor products t-series coil I can sell you. It is their higher quality line than their normal parts. They make high quality aftermarket parts. Even it you don't go with mine, I would recommend sticking with a well known manufacturer. Don't get an off brand to try to save money, it will cause problems and headaches in the long term. Let me know if you are interested.

I just need to get going again for now, but I will keep you in mind for when I replace the whole set. Thanks!

As far as the 1.8 coils, some people claim it delivers a smoother power band. But I think it is bull honkie, I see it as a mod just for the sake of changing something.

Back