Outside moisture removal from front windows

I have a 2020 CX-5 (purchased in Nov. 2020). When I roll down EITHER of the front door windows and then roll them up, the moisture on the outside doesn’t get ‘squeege’d’ off...almost like a piece of window trim is missing. This makes it difficult to see outside to the sides of the vehicle until the moisture gets blown off from moving the car, so I have to leave the windows DOWN or roll them down each time I approach an intersection. Anyone else having this issue?

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I have a 2020 CX-5 (purchased in Nov. 2020). When I roll down EITHER of the front door windows and then roll them up, the moisture on the outside doesn’t get ‘squeege’d’ off...almost like a piece of window trim is missing. This makes it difficult to see outside to the sides of the vehicle until the moisture gets blown off from moving the car, so I have to leave the windows DOWN or roll them down each time I approach an intersection. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, this’s a norm on CX-5. And this’s the only vehicle I’ve owned doing this but I’ve to say this happens on some other newer vehicles too. It seems the rubber felt on the window bottom trim seal is never touched the glass. And I tried to push the window outward while it’s going down making the rubbler felt touching the glass, not much better either.

Yes, this’s a norm on CX-5. And this’s the only vehicle I’ve owned doing this but I’ve to say this happens on some other newer vehicles too. It seems the rubber felt on the window bottom trim seal is never touched the glass. And I tried to push the window outward while it’s going down making the rubbler felt touching the glass, not much better either.
Did you ever take yours into the dealer, during the warranty period, to address this issue?

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Did you ever take yours into the dealer, during the warranty period, to address this issue?
No, I didn’t. Because I’ve seen plenty of complaints here about this issue, and there’s nothing the Mazda dealer can do to improve the issue because it’s designed this way. Besides, we don’t see too much rain here in north Texas, that problem doesn’t bother me too much.

However, if it bothers you, I’d encourage you to raise this issue within warranty period next time you visit your Mazda dealer for something else more important. Mazda may have had some resolution for this issue, you never know.

No, I didn’t. Because I’ve seen plenty of complaints here about this issue, and there’s nothing the Mazda dealer can do to improve the issue because it’s designed this way. Besides, we don’t see too much rain here in north Texas, that problem doesn’t bother me too much.

However, if it bothers you, I’d encourage you to raise this issue within warranty period next time you visit your Mazda dealer for something else more important. Mazda may have had some resolution for this issue, you never know.
Thanks. Yeah, it just seems like a ‘safety issue’ more than anything, not to mention an inconvenience to have to roll the windows down for the first few intersections that I approach until the dew is either blown away or the climate control system dissipates it. Again, once I get rolling it usually takes care of itself. Appreciate the prompt reply...thanks again!

its not a safety issue from the car :)
try Rainex or glass coating. This often helps.
Well, it kinda is if you can’t see the cross traffic due to the moisture. Good idea on the Rain-X!! I used to use that stuff quite a while ago, but might have to resurrect it!

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Many cars do not wipe the window as it goes up and down. My Integra does not, and neither does my Miata. I've seen older American cars do this, but it's definitely not a problem or deficiency that this car doesn't do that.