OMG! Power Windows not working! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

wannabe

meh
:
16 CX-5, Old: 06 Mazdaspeed6, 08 CX-7, 01 Protege ES/Mp3wannabe
Are your windows not working? Has your battery been disconnected recently? This is actually a feature of the newer Mazdas! Its part of the Anti-Pinch feature. Heres some of the symptoms:

Drivers door not controlling any other doors
Auto up/down not working for any
nausea
diarrhea

Heres how to fix:

Go to each window and roll the window down a bit.
Roll it back up and hold the switch until you hear it <click>
move to the next window and repeat.

Yeah, me too! I just went to a touchless automatic carwash and then it does that, didn't do nothing or disconnect the battery. It just does that all of a sudden, weird.

Thank you.....you just saved me from that a week-long overnight stay at the local Mazda dealer :)....thanks again

Thanks a lot! you just saved me a trip to the dealer!! Awesome!

Thanks. Just tried it and it works. I was just about to call the dealer. Now, if only I could get my keyless entry working consistantly.

Good sticky, I just got my MS6 last monday and I was freaking out thinking I would have to go back to the dealership, thanks man

Nice, am I glad this was here ... I had the one rear passenger window that the drivers side would not control ... after doing this, it worked!! Thanks!

Damn It Worked Like A Charm Took All Of 3 Mins And Bam It Was Fixed Saved My Time And The Trip To The Dealership Thank You

Do you know y it does this... it is kind of annoying!

yeah, its the "Anti-pinch" basically the windows need to register where the top of the window is, so that if it gets resistance before it gets to that point, it will stop and not smush fingers/arms/etc

I just bought a MS6 on wednesday, I went back to the dealer the next day thinking: F*** I just bought a car with broken power windows. When I got to the dealership the service tech did exactly as you said to do. I didn't mind the trip, now that I have this car I want to drive it as much as possible!

^^^^^^^^LOLz!^^^^^^^

i was so close to doing the same till i found this thread and not only did it fix the window issue, but the diarrhea and nausea as well!

Hahaha, yeah i think first time we all freak out the windows dont work. i had no idea until i looked in the owners manual and found that if you disconnect the battery, you have to reset it, blah blah blah. couldnt believe it -it was actually in there-the fix! spent like 30 min checking fuses beforehand and thinking i did something wrong when for when i was working on it in the first place. jeez.

weird thing was, i had my battery off the other day, and then put it back on and my windows worked fine for a day. i thought it was a bit strange, but they worked, so i didnt think too much of it. and then the next day i had to reset them to get them to work again. bit of a delay i would think!

Wow! I used to never read these posts...I've been driving around for two weeks too pissy to go in to a dealer...Thanks a million!!! Definately going to be checking this out more often.

Are your windows not working? Has your battery been disconnected recently? This is actually a feature of the Mazda6! Its part of the Anti-Pinch feature. Heres some of the symptoms:

Drivers door not controlling any other doors
Auto up/down not working for any
nausea
diarrhea

Heres how to fix:

Go to each window and roll the window down a bit.
Roll it back up and hold the switch until you hear it <click>
move to the next window and repeat.

was just browsing looking at stereo questions and found this, I love you.

I called the dealership and explained to them what was happening they said it wasn't on the warranty. Thanks for saving me the hassle and time.

was just browsing looking at stereo questions and found this, I love you.

I called the dealership and explained to them what was happening they said it wasn't on the warranty. Thanks for saving me the hassle and time.

(k)

Back