Oil squirter delete?

My pistons have holes in the skirt that are designed to work with the oil injector.

So deleting them in my case would be wreck less.

my engine is at a shop too and i just told them to punch the damn squirters out and i would get replacements.. im planning on pushing 300-400hp and am really quite hesitant towards not replacing them.. where is the doc b available?

Have some good info for those looking to block them. First off I found the easiest way to get them out was to break the nozzle off, then use a 16mm socket with extension to turn it while prying up on it with a 90 degree pry bar. Could even use an impact to turn them. This method got all mine out in 10 minutes.

The remaining hole is the perfect size to take an m12x1.75 tap. Get 20mm long bolts with lock washer and permanent thread locker.

Before blocking them be sure to use a magnet pen to get as much shavings out as you can then spray a bunch of brake cleaner in not just the squirters holes but also any other oil holes you can find to flush out the remaining shavings.

I also found on the timing side there is an Allen bolt you can remove to stick a magnet pen straight through the oil squirter passage way to clean it out.

Hope this helps someone! I'll keep you guys posted if I have a catastrophic engine failure lol.

Any feedback on this? I just had oiling issues and I am thinking about doing this while I have it torn down.

Dik

The Oiling Issue was probably that the oil went down and you dont check it weekly.

The valves in the oil squirters don't open until 47 PSI... so they are not the problem.

Check WEEKLY

The ones I bench tested with an air gun was up over 40-45 PSI...

Not the most scientific method, but I wanted to check them before I installed them..

I do know my oil was low and that is what caused the issue, I lost pressure in a sweeping left hand turn when the oil was low. At high RPM it didn't take long to do the damage.

I didn't now the squirters had a valve in them.

Dik

I do know my oil was low and that is what caused the issue, I lost pressure in a sweeping left hand turn when the oil was low. At high RPM it didn't take long to do the damage.

I didn't now the squirters had a valve in them. I would do the doc b system and dump sump

Dik

You need a deep sump oil pan like the AWR one. I would delete the oil squirters if your going aftermarket pistons and rods that don't need the oil squirters. When squirters open at 47 psi it drops the pressure down for a split second potentially causing pre mature wear or even worse damage to the bearings. Stock pistons and rods do require the oil system squirters.

Last edited:
Why is that? Been working out on the supra for two plus years! Also if you disagree with my statement why does the mazdaspeed team do the exact same thing to their protege? To each their own.

I suppose, lubrication and cooling are like brakes..... you can never have too much...

Taking out the squirters to fix a design problem... without addressing the problem... is like amputating the brain to cure brain cancer...

It wont matter much, the patient is still dead...

1. Agree that reducing the temperature of the piston is desirable.
2. Agree that having oil on the Wrist Pin and Rings is desirable.
3. Agree that having constant oil pressure on the bearings is desirable.

So because the pump sucks, the idea is to sacrifice #1 and #2... so that you can have #3...

Why not fix the pump and have #1 #2 and #3.

Dingle berry... (boom02)

Oh and EDIT:

I wanted to add, who the **** cares what a racing team does... Are they going to fix yer car when it blows up? They only have to last a race... I want my car to last forever.. and I design my build with that in mind.

Last edited:
I think that you should just get the doc b racing oil pump / awr pan and call it a day.

Or I should just check my oil on a regular basis and be done. This lasted me 136000 miles and it really only failed due to my neglect. I am not boosted so in theory it should last another 136000 after I have the block tanked and checked. My weekends are pretty full and it is dark when I get home so I still haven't got the head off to see what the bores look like.

Dik

Back