Oil squirter delete?

What he means is dyno of the same brand that use the same equations to calculate HP and Torque and use the same resistance in their wheel will have same results. So if you want to compare numbers and brag to your friends you better be sure both numbers are from same brand dyno.

As for accuracy of the measurement on each machine to the actual HP and torque of the motor I'd say none are right. Because wheel horsepower is an inaccurate measurement on its own with different cars having unique rotational mass and resistance in the drivetrain. Brake Hirsepower is the power of the motor itself without drivetrain which is better measurement.

And if 2 300 whp cars race there's the new factor of vehicle weight and wind resistance!!!! Nobody cares about HP. It's how fast you get from A to B with everything factored.

DYNO IS MEANT FOR TUNING AND DIAGNOSIS!!!!!!!! Not to brag about you "power". Also used for emissions testing lol.

We clear now?

DYNO IS MEANT FOR TUNING AND DIAGNOSIS!!!!!!!! Not to brag about you "power". Also used for emissions testing lol.

We clear now?
I disagree. Though using a Dynamometer is a way to tune and diagnose, it's main reason *is* to measure force, secondly, it is used by the USEPA for emissions, and it is also used to test the calibration of the ECU among other functions.
I'm sure if you ask anyone what a Dyno is, the first thing that will come to his/her head is horsepower not...tuning and diagnosis, that is your opinion. I think Tarus (gun brand) are made specifically for failing in important situations...or as you would say it TARUS HAND GUNS ARE MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR FAILING IN IMPORTANT SITUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a difference between opinion and fact.
We clear now?

The 364 whp was on a portable dyno, I was told it was inaccurate. Especially seeing as my civic did 253 on it and was supposed to only make 220-230 with that motor. I'm going for a full dyno tune at a shop when the motor is back together so should have a more accurate number and dyno sheet then.
If Dynos are used for strictly tuning then why even post this? You'd think you'd say "While tuning I managed to put down x amount of power"

Dyno accuracy doesn't matter anyway, it's more a tuning and diagnostic tool than a WHP measurement device. It's just rough estimate. The only accurate way to know how much power you're making is an engine dyno that reads BHP like what auto makers and engine builders use.
Here you contradicted yourself. You said dynos are for tuning but prior to that you said the only accurate way to know how much power one is making is by using an engine DYNO.
Do you see what I'm getting at? You should watch what you say and/or how you say it.
*Drum dynos may not be as accurate as an xxx dyno..."
I'm not here to say who is right or wrong but when you specifically say that dynos are made for one thing but everyone else uses the for the wrong reasons, that is how false information is spread and causes many people (for whatever reason) to get butt hurt.

In the end both sides are correct. Dynos are meant for finding the best TUNE while making the most POWER, and not all dynos will be the same due to MANY factors way out of our control.

Last edited:
I agree the main function of dyno is to measure force, and we both agree theres many uses for them. You could use it to walk your dog, doesnt matter its just a tool for the user to use whatever way he wants, like using a wrench as a hammer.

Now think for a second, if a person brings their car to a dyno to see what their making for power, the interest deep down is not to find out how much power their motor makes, because the brochure can tell you that. It's to find out what changes have occured through drivetrain or other losses, or from addition of performance power adding parts. like put a header on and see the gains from it.

Tuning is same thing, like for ignition timing you advance til it stops adding power, then back it off a couple degrees for safety.

Thats why I say the actual number doesn't matter, it's the changes in that number that people wanna know about. To see if what their doing is better or worse than it was. The function of dyno is to measure force, but as a tool that's not its purpose.

Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, and as an engineer I often do. I know a lot of people just want to see where they are at for bragging rights or curiosity.

And secondly this WAS a thread about oil squirters, I don't know what compelled you to waltz in just to flame me and start a debate about dynos. I just had a legit question and wanted some information.

Anyway, I found an easier way to remove the squirters rather than having the special tool or drilling/tapping/slide hammering. Simply break or cut the nozzles off, put a socket on it and wiggle it back and forth with strong bar, at the same time use a small pry bar to ease them out.

I hate getting metal shavings everywhere in a block as I'm always scared I missed a piece when cleaning. So I'm looking into getting press in plugs to block holes instead of tapping for bolts. Might even weld the holes on nozzles and put them back in. I'll keep you guys posted.

You know what's funny. I was reading your 2nd to last post thinking wow, this guy is pretty cool. He didn't get butt hurt about people who don't agree 100% with him. (that's part of life, right?). Then you had to throw in that last comment about me waltzing in (a public forum, mind you) and flaming you. I didn't flame you, I was very respectful with my words. I didn't (at the time) have any negative thoughts about you, if you somehow sensed any flaming, it would have been directing to twin rotor, as he has had quite an attitude.I'm sorry that you were offended by anything that I posted.

Off Topic: One thing I've noticed about car vs bike people is attitudes. When I'm riding my bike and I pass another motorcyclist we both wave as we pass. If I were to pass another car enthusiast I would get a nasty look. I can't tell you how many times I've pulled up to someone to ask questions about his/her car or comment on how good it looks just to have them rev their engines and say "lets go b****". It would be cool of everyone wouldn't try to one up the other guy.

Last edited:
Op do you have a build thread?

No, I did one before, but I found it counter productive cause it took so long to update with pictures. I was wasting time on the forums rather than actually doing the work lol. I've built way too many motors and cars to bother with that s***. Plus i do mechanic work on the side for other people. Just don't have time.

Gotta throw my 2 cents in from reading this... mind you this is directed towards Jo060 and Twin Rotor both. Let it be noted, I agree with Jo060 both with his opinion on the purpose of a dyno and the flaming attitude that Twinrotor had used.... The crayons comment was childish. This being said, if your gonna call people out...

You know what's funny. I was reading your 2nd to last post thinking wow, this guy is pretty cool. He didn't get butt hurt about people who don't agree 100% with him. (that's part of life, right?).

Pretty sure from reading this, YOU got butt hurt from ppl disagreeing with you LOL, and you showed this by jacking OP's thread to have a debate on what you personally feel the purpose of a dyno is vs Twinrotor's opinion. regardless who who is right or wrong, this wasnt the place to debate it, nor the venue either... a PM likely would have sufficed, and you two could have figured it out in private.

Off Topic: One thing I've noticed about car vs bike people is attitudes. When I'm riding my bike and I pass another motorcyclist we both wave as we pass. If I were to pass another car enthusiast I would get a nasty look. I can't tell you how many times I've pulled up to someone to ask questions about his/her car or comment on how good it looks just to have them rev their engines and say "lets go b****". It would be cool of everyone wouldn't try to one up the other guy.

You just spent 2 pages on this thread one up'ing anyone who disagreed with you lol.... It's like you read another person's opinion on the purpose of a dyno, thought to yourself "Lets go b****" and responded with your own opinion, on a thread that had nothing to with the purpose of a dyno in the first place LOL.

Last edited:
Gotta throw my 2 cents in from reading this... mind you this is directed towards Jo060 and Twin Rotor both. Let it be noted, I agree with Jo060 both with his opinion on the purpose of a dyno and the flaming attitude that Twinrotor had used.... The crayons comment was childish. This being said, if your gonna call people out...

Pretty sure from reading this, YOU got butt hurt from ppl disagreeing with you LOL, and you showed this by jacking OP's thread to have a debate on what you personally feel the purpose of a dyno is vs Twinrotor's opinion. regardless who who is right or wrong, this wasnt the place to debate it, nor the venue either... a PM likely would have sufficed, and you two could have figured it out in private.

You just spent 2 pages on this thread one up'ing anyone who disagreed with you lol.... It's like you read another person's opinion on the purpose of a dyno, thought to yourself "Lets go b****" and responded with your own opinion, on a thread that had nothing to with the purpose of a dyno in the first place LOL.

Only a half page ;-). I'm not one up'ing anyone or those were not my intentions. He said this I said that in a respectful way. There is a difference between one up'ing and stating an opinion.

Only a half page ;-). I'm not one up'ing anyone or those were not my intentions. He said this I said that in a respectful way. There is a difference between one up'ing and stating an opinion.

LOL :)

Nick did you actually get the squirters out yet or what?

Yes I got them out, and you should take your e-thuggin Mazda 6 ass and go back to your side of the forum. Msp is tool cool for you.

Yes I got them out, and you should take your e-thuggin Mazda 6 ass and go back to your side of the forum. Msp is tool cool for you.

LOL I musta got lost on the way to the "real power" side of the forum and stumbled into this "wannabe6" section or what ever its called. Sorry for the inconvience, ill boost on back over to my side... where my car runs and drives without exploding ;D

I never realized oil squirters put out that much out/pressure...not enough to take away from other parts of the engine. Out of curiosity about how much pressure or oil do they put out?

I never realized oil squirters put out that much out/pressure...not enough to take away from other parts of the engine. Out of curiosity about how much pressure or oil do they put out?

Who knows really. But one thing we know for sure is the FSDE is known for oil starvation to rod bearings. So the more pressure you can get to them the better. I've yet to see a solid example of when oil squirters have actually provided any positive or negative results in any motor.

I started thus thread to try and get that kind of information.

I've yet to see a solid example of when oil squirters have actually provided any positive or negative results in any motor.

How would you ever see that turnip? If it worked, you wouldnt see that it didnt not destroy the engine, and if it failed, it would look the same as the last blow up u had lol... maybe ur last blow up was cuza ur oil squirters...

Last edited:
Who knows really. But one thing we know for sure is the FSDE is known for oil starvation to rod bearings. So the more pressure you can get to them the better. I've yet to see a solid example of when oil squirters have actually provided any positive or negative results in any motor.

I started thus thread to try and get that kind of information.
If you have pistons that do not require oil squirter's and are coated you are fine. At a high RPM with the stock pump is a no go! The split second that the oil pressure drops to release oil out of the squirters starves the bearing's! look at all the mazdaspeed team race cars non of them have oil squirters! This information is from the machine shop that builds all their engines! Wanna call me out on bulls*** call RS in California and they will tell you the same. Doc B system and no oil squirters, you should never have oil problems again!

I've heard of oil squirter conversions. I wonder if you could maybe convert to a smaller squirter, that way you still have some oil but it'll use less pressure leaving plenty for the bearings.

I always thought the doc b setup was more than enough to take care of the oil starvation issues in a street car?

Back