2017~2024 Oil Change Warning

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
So I went out and started my car (2017 CX-5 GT) this morning and the "Oil change due" warning came on. This is strange for a few reasons:

1. I just did an oil change a month ago and reset the service interval.
2. The service interval still has 3 months or 3800 kilometers remaining (I'm Canadian)
3. I don't have the "Oil Change" warning turned on.
4. As far as I know, the Canadian CX-5 does not use the flexible "estimated oil life remaining" logic to calculate when an oil change is needed.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has seen this happen and what the remedy is?

John

Last edited:
same thing happening to me. Just did my first maintance 1 1/2 months ago. Warning sign show up everytime I turn on the car and doesnt go away. Anyone else having this issue?

So I went out and started my car (2017 CX-5 GT) this morning and the "Oil change due" warning came on. This is strange for a few reasons:

2. The service interval still has 3 months or 3800 kilometers remaining (I'm Canadian)
4. As far as I know, the Canadian CX-5 does not use the flexible "estimated oil life remaining" logic to calculate when an oil change is needed.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has seen this happen and what the remedy is?

John
Although the maintenance schedule for Canadian CX-5 does say using fixed 8,000km / 6-month interval, but the Flexible schedule function may still available in Maintenance Monitor. Can you check if your Oil Change in Vehicle Status Monitor doesnt set to Flexible? And did the Fixed schedule under Oil Change, not Scheduled, been reset to 8,000 km / 6 months after the oil change?

attachment.php

attachment.php

B65DC93C-8ECD-4C3A-AF4F-E2430D698EE6.pngBD0DD27E-8385-4BAE-BC44-CF39F702998F.png

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately there is no "Flexible" option in the maintenance app.

I did manage to resolve the issue as descibed in the "Type A" method you posted above, even though this supposedly only apples to the USA and Puerto Rico. After Googling the problem, I came across https://youtu.be/EO0D1-uZq84 describing how to reset the warning using the dimmer button on the instrument cluster. It seems that took care of the problem, at least for now. Very strange that this warning seems to exist, completely seperate from the maintenance app.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately there is no "Flexible" option in the maintenance app.

I did manage to resolve the issue as descibed in the "Type A" method you posted above, even though this supposedly only apples to the USA and Puerto Rico. After Googling the problem, I came across https://youtu.be/EO0D1-uZq84 describing how to reset the warning using the dimmer button on the instrument cluster. It seems that took care of the problem, at least for now. Very strange that this warning seems to exist, completely seperate from the maintenance app.
To be clear, under Vehicle Status Monitor app and then Maintenance you have 3 tabs, Scheduled、Tire Rotation、and Oil Change. Under Oil Change maintenance list you have only one selection: Fixed. And you did a Reset within Fixed so that the Distance showed 5,000 miles under Fixed.

To be clear, under Vehicle Status Monitor app and then Maintenance you have 3 tabs, Scheduled、Tire Rotation、and Oil Change. Under Oil Change maintenance list you have only one selection: Fixed. And you did a Reset within Fixed so that the Distance showed 5,000 miles under Fixed.
I actually don't even have the "Oil Change" item enabled at all, so I should never even get the warning in the first place. Anyway, like I mentioned, I was able to make the warning go away by using the dimmer reset method.

I actually don't even have the "Oil Change" item enabled at all, so I should never even get the warning in the first place. Anyway, like I mentioned, I was able to make the warning go away by using the dimmer reset method.
If you read the manual, the "Setting Interval" in "Oil Change" says "Oil replacement period can be selected from the flexible setting or fixed setting, or it can be set to non-display." I guess it means you can't actually "disable" it at all. I believe you could also eliminate "Oil change due" message by the "Reset " in "Oil Change" as the app thought it's passed due although you couldn't see the mileage for "Distance" down to 0 km. I'd select "Fixed" instead of "Off" in "Oil Change" at least to try out if it works as intended and no more oil change warning message displayed next time after the reset.

John

Same thing happening here. I've just done my oil change, have about 6000km to go prior to the next one and the damn warning is on every time I turn on the car. Looks like a trip to Mazda...again.

Back