Official Mazda5 press release

Thanks for answering my question WongPres. I believe that HID headlights is a feature that is very crucial for my buying decision of the Mazda5.

First, I would like to present myself, or explain why that feature is a very important feature for me and Mazda as well.

I am also a member of VwVortex site. Hence, I have owned some VW cars: 2 Golf precisely ( Golf III and Golf IV). Since the latent delivery of VW's products and very poor reliability as well, I've been monitoring other competitors for a better hatchback. The Mazda3 has almost come to perfection with all the basic features required for this day and age (e.g. HID, and tire pressure monitoring system). But as I get older, my family grows in size. Hence, the Mazda3, although is a very good product (i.e. car), doesn't fit my need for a family car. Hence, I need an alternative to the Mazda3 with a little more seat, plus one is fine, about the same length for parking purpose in the city and mpg, little more room inside, yet with the same features (i.e. HID with tire pressure monitoring system), the very minimal to ask I believe. Of course, the Mazda5 will also be required to have some family feature as well (e.g. powered side doors, and etc...).

Why wouldn't a family size car have HID anyway? Better visibility of the road means better safety in driving. With a car transporting more people inside (i.e. Mazda5), the car deserves as much, if not more, safety as a car that transport less passengers (i.e. Mazda3). Since Mazda3 has HID feature available, there's no reason why the Mazda5, which shares the same platform, cannot have it as well.

As Mazda believes that all his cars should have 4 wheel disc brakes, HID should also be an optional feature for all its lineups. It's good to be able to move, and to stop at the driver's will, but vision is also an important factor, especially at night.

Back