Hi, I am wondering if anyone have install one on on their 2017+ model year that would like to shine some light on the process? I bought one through Ebay after doing my research but the information is almost non existence...
So fortunately, it came with adequate instruction for me to do an install. I would like to do a quick write up on the process still to give you guys an idea on the process and what I've learned. I installed this on my 2017 CX5 but the process will probably be similar with whatever controller/model you end up picking. Please disconnect the battery first before to prevent any electrical damages.
3. You will need a long philip screw driver to open the cover underneath your steering wheel. There is just two screw holding that piece in my particular case.
4. Once you are able to pop and disconnect the lower and upper housing, it will expose and give you access to all the wire that you will need to disconnect.
5. It is pretty straight forward to disconnect and connect the harness. There is just a tab you have press down to disconnect. You have to run that into the harness and from the harness back to the original home where you first connect it. https://imgur.com/a/w9xCel9
6. Now this is where it can get tricky because the control unit didn't light up exactly according to the instruction. I am not going to repeat the step that I did when you start to program it because I messed up and it will be better if you follow the direction straight off of the paperwork. I am however going to give a few tips. Before doing the steps, make sure you locate the tiny buttons first (I didn't located it in time and the light timed out) and then do a practice run after. https://gofile.io/?c=gVXtVx
7. If you mess up, you can reset the step by removing the thick black MS1 cables>press and hold the button while plugging it back in>keep holding it until the unit flashes red a few times. Repeat step 6.
8. Once that is over than that is pretty much it. If there is a problem during the step, you can try moving the remote five meter away for 3 minutes. What this does is it should put the CMU to sleep. I had to do this in order for mine to get working.
Just a note, you can change the key combo to have it lock,unlock,lock instead of lock,lock,lock. Your neighbor will thank you for that. After the install, you might notice that the automatic power window on the driver side isn't working. The system just need a reset because the battery had been disconnected during the process. To reset it, you simply have to roll it all the way down. Then all the way up and hold for 3 seconds. That is how you reset it again! I didn't know that and thought that I had damage some wires during the process or had messed up the again during the programming stage.
There are certain things I'm good at...removing trim and reinstalling it so that it's not obvious the stuff had been taken off in the first place is not one of them. But this looks like only the steering wheel cover gets taken off...no other dash trim.
How did you figure out how to reset your driver's window?
I think that system is very similar to Fortin remote start, I installed that on my 2019 CX5. It took me about 15 min to install, go the the Fortin website for the info, I highly recommend it. I’ve put their remote starts in 3 different vehicles with no problems.