OEM rear spoiler for hatchback installed

Sorry for the late response. The tiny OEM one I'm referring to is the one that came with the car. I call it tiny cuz it is kinda tiny lol

Here's the part numbers from the mazda site

Deep Crystal Blue (42M) QBMN-51-9N0 -13 $399.95

Meteor Gray (42A) QBMN-51-9N0 -27 $399.95

Liquid Silver (38P) QBMN-51-9N0 -50 $399.95

Jet Black (41W) QBMN-51-9N0 -51 $399.95

Titanium Flash (42S) QBMN-51-9N0 -53 $399.95

Soul Red (41V) QBMN-51-9N0 -62 $399.95

Snowflake White Pearl (25D) QBMN-51-9N0 -64 $399.95

Blue Reflex (42B) QBMN-51-9N0 -83 $399.95

Thank you lowincash. I might have to visit a dealer to see this spoiler installed in person to see if I like it. I feel like the rear has always had something missing or lacking but never really quite able to put my finger on it. At time the view of the rear at an angle reminded me of Erkel with the floods and suspenders riding up his crack. It looks easy enough to install and I do have tools. I have tool to fix tools.

Sorry for the late response. The tiny OEM one I'm referring to is the one that came with the car. I call it tiny cuz it is kinda tiny lol

Here's the part numbers from the mazda site

Deep Crystal Blue (42M) QBMN-51-9N0 -13 $399.95

Meteor Gray (42A) QBMN-51-9N0 -27 $399.95

Liquid Silver (38P) QBMN-51-9N0 -50 $399.95

Jet Black (41W) QBMN-51-9N0 -51 $399.95

Titanium Flash (42S) QBMN-51-9N0 -53 $399.95

Soul Red (41V) QBMN-51-9N0 -62 $399.95

Snowflake White Pearl (25D) QBMN-51-9N0 -64 $399.95

Blue Reflex (42B) QBMN-51-9N0 -83 $399.95

I called my local dealer and they don't have an installed sample to look at. Could I trouble you once more? Would it be possible for you to give me the measurement from the center outer edge of the new spoiler to the outside center edge of the spoiler underneath to see how many inches it extends out over the one underneath? Also if you could tell me how much higher the top spoiler is approx. above the bottom spoiler? Thanks, I really appreciate the help as I'm on the fence on this one.

Find a dealer with 20% discount on accessory, and you get it for $320.
I got mine for $299 online from a remote Mazda dealer. S&H included.

iTouring on the left, GTouring on the right.
Installation is of mild difficulty. This is not a tape-on spoiler.
Please read instructions carefully, not to break anything.

Attachments

• IMAG0664.jpg
    IMAG0664.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Find a dealer with 20% discount on accessory, and you get it for $320.
I got mine for $299 online from a remote Mazda dealer. S&H included.

iTouring on the left, GTouring on the right.
Installation is of mild difficulty. This is not a tape-on spoiler.
Please read instructions carefully, not to break anything.

Thanks for the 20% off tip. I'll certainly look for that. Do you know how many inches the top spoiler extend out over the bottom spoiler?

thanks.

I just measured and the add on spoiler extends 2 inches over the bottom one.

You should just get it :D I got it with 20% off at my dealer too. Even though I paid dealer $$$ to install, it was still well worth the money. It definitely makes the rear look better especially from the side profile. The little one that comes on the car is too small making the rear look like it's missing something.

About a month or so ago when I went to a different dealership to buy some stuff, one of the sales guy outside told me how good the rear spoiler looks and said they would probably sell more hatches if it came stock that way lol

I just measured and the add on spoiler extends 2 inches over the bottom one.

You should just get it :D I got it with 20% off at my dealer too. Even though I paid dealer $$$ to install, it was still well worth the money. It definitely makes the rear look better especially from the side profile. The little one that comes on the car is too small making the rear look like it's missing something.

About a month or so ago when I went to a different dealership to buy some stuff, one of the sales guy outside told me how good the rear spoiler looks and said they would probably sell more hatches if it came stock that way lol

Ok, I went for it. I had to shop around. I wasn't able to get the 20% off but the parts guy at the dealer did give me 15% so I easily went for it. I did the install myself and it took me about 1hr 20 minutes. I took my time. I was pretty simple. Everything came off easily with patience, some tugging and pulling in the right places, and I didn't break any clips. I re-installed using the new clips anyways to get the tighter assembly.

It doesn't look like much when the part is not installed but now that I see it in person on the car, it makes a huge difference. It really does finish the rear off well. The top half rear view before just had such an ugly and nerdy shape that really bothered me. This rear spoiler, just wipe that look away. Thanks for the help! I like the way you painted the rear lower bumper too. I might check out the rear diffuser and think about getting that. I have the white SGT too with with all the goodies and leather interior. I'm really liking this car and love the gas mileage.

Thanks again for the help!

Ok, I went for it. I had to shop around. I wasn't able to get the 20% off but the parts guy at the dealer did give me 15% so I easily went for it. I did the install myself and it took me about 1hr 20 minutes. I took my time. I was pretty simple. Everything came off easily with patience, some tugging and pulling in the right places, and I didn't break any clips. I re-installed using the new clips anyways to get the tighter assembly.

It doesn't look like much when the part is not installed but now that I see it in person on the car, it makes a huge difference. It really does finish the rear off well. The top half rear view before just had such an ugly and nerdy shape that really bothered me. This rear spoiler, just wipe that look away. Thanks for the help! I like the way you painted the rear lower bumper too. I might check out the rear diffuser and think about getting that. I have the white SGT too with with all the goodies and leather interior. I'm really liking this car and love the gas mileage.

Thanks again for the help!

Cool glad you went for it :D Btw, it's not painted. I had the lower rear bumper wrapped in glossy black vinyl :)

Cool glad you went for it :D Btw, it's not painted. I had the lower rear bumper wrapped in glossy black vinyl :)

Hey low in cash, what is the difference in your black vinyl wrapped bumper vs. a paint job? What did that cost? I'm thinking of making mine gloss black to match the front grill or buy the aero rear bumper which is pretty expensive.

thanks.

Hey low in cash, what is the difference in your black vinyl wrapped bumper vs. a paint job? What did that cost? I'm thinking of making mine gloss black to match the front grill or buy the aero rear bumper which is pretty expensive.

thanks.

Go for the vinyl. It's easy, cheap and redoable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks.

I'm not really a big fan of the aero kit for our car and since I don't plan on getting it, I wanted something to cover the matte plastic. I had a vinyl shop do it for me, was around $200'ish. I used vinyl instead of paint so I can remove it later on if I don't want it, or if i want to replace it or something. The diesel mazda axela in Japan has the glossy rear, that's where I got the idea from.

look so much nicer!!! the factory one doesnt tilt a bit upward like this one does. also other aftermarket one looks too crazy and not as subtle as this one. I want my car to look much like factory but when look closer it is not. this one just perfect for what i want. I may order this as well. dealer is offering 500canadian without tax that include install fee. Bty, looks like u also change your exhaust. or is this just an exhaust cap u put on the factory one?

Back