OEM Bumper Guard and other accessoreis

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD
So, looking to get a few accessories on the my new CX-5 (taking delivery next week). Had some questions...

1) Bumper guard: Dealership wants $75 to install it which I think is crazy. Aren't these just put on with sticky tape? Has anyone done it themselves?

2) Mud guards: These weren't listed on the build page for the CX-5, so maybe the OEM ones aren't around anymore for 2016s, but I'll probably have a shop install these if I can find the cheaper online. Does anyone have an idea of what a non-dealership shop would charge to put on OEM CX-5 2016 mud/splash guards?

3) Cargo Tray: Self install...nuff said, I see them on Amazon for about $15 off what the dealership wants.

Thanks!

1) 75 is expensive if i understand this is just to protect cargo loading area - and is not truly a bumper guard, a scratch protector at best. EBay cost should be 50ish.
2) Mud guards are self install. I dont know if you know that shop well he might do it as a favor.
3) Self install. OEM ones are 70ish or so. I got mine free!!! yesss. Best accessory for a CX-5 no doubt.

All 3 are self install, for bumper guard you may need to clean that area well.

The rear OEM splash guard work, and fits, great. The front OEM fits and looks fine but it's so small that it's more like a pretend splash guard. Look aftermarket.

In terms of a bumper guard, has anyone tried one by Sportwing (https://www.sportwing.com/Dawn-Ente...-CX5-Rear-Bumper-Protector?page=83&limit=12)? Or is the OEM one the way to go?

That black rubber one looks better than the OEM part (Item # 0000-8T-R13) which is chrome/polished and scratches easily.

On previous cars, we just had a tint shop put clear bra over the flat part of the bumper and from a distance you couldn't tell there was anything there. Very tough and scratch resistant.

Back