OEM Alarm in CX-5 Touring?

wild west

:
2014 Mazda CX5 Touring
I have a new 2014 CX-5 Touring with tech package. It seems like all it have re security is an engine immobilizer with no alarm system. The owners manual says an alarm is in certain CX-5 models, but doesn't elaborate. The dealer doesn't know and insists I have an alarm. The window sticker doesn't mention it and the brochure for the CX-5 doesn't mention it. Is it only available in the Grand Touring model with the tech package as part of the keyless entry system? Can the OEM be purchased and added to my Touring model?
Thanks in advance.

After arming the system (see page 3-36 through 3-38), "...the security indicator light in the instrument panel flashes twice per second for 20 seconds. Refer to Warning/Indicator Lights on page 4-22."

After arming the system (see page 3-36 through 3-38), "...the security indicator light in the instrument panel flashes twice per second for 20 seconds. Refer to Warning/Indicator Lights on page 4-22."

I have a 2014 CX-5 GS and I can confirm that it does have a security system. If you look in your glove box you should have received a sticker to put on your car window as well.

Alarm on the 2014 CX-5 Touring model with tech package

I have a 2014 CX-5 GS and I can confirm that it does have a security system. If you look in your glove box you should have received a sticker to put on your car window as well.
But you have the Grand Touring model, I only have the Touring model, no decal in the glove box and I can't get the display on the dash to do the blink twice/second no matter what I do. Can the OEM alarm be added to my car?
Thanks

The Canadian 2014 GS and GT models have an alarm. Specs

None of the 2014 US models have an alarm. Specs

On the US 2013 only the GT with the Tech package had an alarm.

Can the OEM alarm be added to my car?

I looked for awhile for options for adding an alarm to mine and didn't find anything. Some countries have an accessory one available but all it takes is one slight wiring difference for it to not work here and you'd likely never get anyone to export one to you.

Last edited:
The Canadian 2014 GS and GT models have an alarm. Specs

None of the 2014 US models have an alarm. Specs

On the US 2013 only the GT with the Tech package had an alarm.

I looked for awhile for options for adding an alarm to mine and didn't find anything. Some countries have an accessory one available but all it takes is one slight wiring difference for it to not work here and you'd likely never get anyone to export one to you.
Thanks for the info

For those who have alarms, just wondering if your aux key sets the alarm off. I'm having problems where I can't unlock my doors with an aftermarket starter without the alarm going off.

Back