• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Obd2 not working after battery replacement

Hi all! My CX-5's Obd2 port is not responsive after recent battery change. I believe I must have blown then Obd2 fuse. Does anyone know what fuse or fuse number it is? Thanks!

Antoine

Administrator
I see no one has jumped in yet...I don't own a CX-5 but I did find this YouTube clip...Not sure if it helps though...

Did you find a solution and or the fuse / fuse number?

:
Pueblo county CO
:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
I saw this but all I know is that the obdii is a data port. I have never read it supplies DC, like usb. So I wonder if the data lines are fused. It would be unusual.

I have had experiences with the obdii not 'syncing' (?) or something. Sometimes I notice the Scangauge or Ultragauge I keep plugged into the obdii all the time acts a little strange. Sometimes it takes a while for it to turn off the display. Sometimes I have to unplug and plug it in again to 'sync'.

I hope this isn't something seriously wrong with the computer. That is what supplies the data.

But because this started with a battery replacement maybe it just needs some kind of 'cold boot' or restart.

The op doesn't mention if the car is operational but assuming it is the whole computer can't be bad. Hopefully the data line drivers aren't blown somehow. That also seems unlikely.

:
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
I saw this but all I know is that the obdii is a data port. I have never read it supplies DC, like usb. So I wonder if the data lines are fused. It would be unusual.
It absolutely DOES supply DC 12V power. That's how most simple OBD readers are powered. See pin 16:

This may help....

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
@AaronYTW6715 how is your ODB2 port unresponsive [we are all guessing the device plugged in doesn't power on]? Have you tried more than one device on this port to ensure it is not device failure?