Not so bad after-all...

I have a screenshot from that fake GJ account post. I thought it was funny... but understood why it broke the rules.
GJ...he was something else. I just remember the post he had that was like we all better have a good reason for buying a CX-5 over a 6. Hahaha

My dad's 64 Impala 283 with POWERGLIDE had a frickin kickdown. A 2 speed on a V-8.
Do ANY automatics not have it?

My 1995 trans am and my 2002 g20 and my 1988 mustang gt and my 1993 p71 crown vic all lacked it. I sincerely thought it was a unique mazda thing. Also, none of the vehicles i sold when i worked for a ford dealer had it to my knowledge (new or used that i sold).

link: 2019 Toyota RAV4 vs. 2018 Honda CR-V Comparison: Crossover Showdown

Preproduction, and MT, but sounds like bad news for Unob and his alter ego, Unbrain.
And good news for Mazda.

Ouch! Damning review for both. Seems the crv engine is very heat averse, if its over 8.2 to 60 in some weather and 7.5s in other, and thats shameful about the RAV suspension.

*desire to just keep my gen 1 cx5 intensifies*
...but that complaint about cheap hollow doors. Hit me in the feels :(

I think everyone knows this is your opinion. Why do you state it so frequently?

This forum has a lot of stating and re-stating. Hell, its about an item that doesnt change more than once a year, if that. Stuff gonna get said until the horse is beyond dead.

I thought it would be of interest to others. They are cross-shopped with the CX-5.

Unob is the one who has been making lots of noise [trolling? see your own definition] about the RAV4, and this article addresses some of the points he has been floating about the RAV4.

And unlike you, I thought "Unbranium" was a new pseudonym for Unobtanium, that he was the author, being amusing and creative. Dunno.

Eh, you give me too much credit for creativity. I was just flattered that someone created a satire account solely to troll me (and the rest of the board, but obviously me, primarily.)

From some of these posts, I think I may have missed something!

But that review does not include the CX-5!

The thing I did notice is how both those car are ~8 sec to 60, which is similar to the CX-5 2.5 NA and how you can get the 2.5T in a CX-5 Signature for $500 LESS than the new RAV4.

And yes, Toyota makes terrible automatic transmissions. The Lexus ones are the same as well.

From some of these posts, I think I may have missed something!

But that review does not include the CX-5!

The thing I did notice is how both those car are ~8 sec to 60, which is similar to the CX-5 2.5 NA and how you can get the 2.5T in a CX-5 Signature for $500 LESS than the new RAV4.

And yes, Toyota makes terrible automatic transmissions. The Lexus ones are the same as well.

Well, curious how the cx5t does. Although at this point im feeling like even if i were to trade my 2015 cx5, there are no serious contenders for replacement or improvement.

All VWs have it. There is actually a switch under the pedal.
It's technically a Kickdown switch. They all ime have a switch. None of my V8s had them. Firebirds and Thunderbirds.
At first I thought Saab kind of came up with the idea in the 90s....then realized my girlfriend's Plymouth Breeze had one.
It's been around a long time.

Ouch! Damning review for both. Seems the crv engine is very heat averse, if its over 8.2 to 60 in some weather and 7.5s in other, and thats shameful about the RAV suspension.

*desire to just keep my gen 1 cx5 intensifies*
...but that complaint about cheap hollow doors. Hit me in the feels :(

Or did they re-tune to prevent dilution?

I thought they had not fixed it yet but they may trying. Thats a good thought.

No they have done something. I have an aunt who got the CR-V and I know she took it in because she asked me about what it was. She came back with the impression that it was not a big deal and that "more oil" is never a bad thing. God knows what the dealer told her.

As for a replacement for your 2015, you need to ask yourself what do you want? Lots of little SUV like cars to choose from. None will do 0-60 in 5 seconds, get 30+ MPG everywhere and cost 25K today and hold 100% of the their resale value.

But many will hold a deer/bike, get good MPG and cost 25-30K.

No they have done something. I have an aunt who got the CR-V and I know she took it in because she asked me about what it was. She came back with the impression that it was not a big deal and that "more oil" is never a bad thing. God knows what the dealer told her.

As for a replacement for your 2015, you need to ask yourself what do you want? Lots of little SUV like cars to choose from. None will do 0-60 in 5 seconds, get 30+ MPG everywhere and cost 25K today and hold 100% of the their resale value.

But many will hold a deer/bike, get good MPG and cost 25-30K.

Ill keep mine until one does. Because sooner or later, it will, excepf the 100% value thing.

I dont think Honda has fixed the fuel dilution issue yet and I wouldnt buy one until they do.

IMHO the CX-5 is still up at the top of the heap. I dont understand all this 0-60 obsession. The CR-V is going to be slow to respond and downshift so in traffic the CX-5 is always going to feel quicker. Are you guys really traffic light drag racing your kid movers?

Also completely not surprised by the RAV 4. Looks great on paper but still tuned by Toyota. Mazda isnt about having the best numbers on paper. Its about how its dialed in.

Mazda isn*t about having the best numbers on paper. It*s about how it*s dialed in.

Yup... for some of us, it's actually about how our car drives, not test numbers on paper to win internet arguments.

Mazda gets me.

Back