2017~2024 Non OEM 225/55r19 That Excel In Snow and Rain That Don't Sound Like a Dump Truck...GO!

:
2018 CX-5 GT
As the title indicates, looking for new tires to replace the awful Toyos that my new GT+ came with in 2018. Eastern PA snow/slush/hills/ice...but I bought the GT+ for a reason - they should be QUIET and SMOOTH, too. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

People seem to be fans of the General Altimax RT43. My wife had those on her Camry and I thought they were okay but nothing special and seemed to struggle in the rain a bit. We replaced them with Continental TrueContact Tours which I like a lot better. It hasn't snowed enough to test out how they perform in the snow.
Tire Rack has some pretty extensive test reports for tires, you should check them out:
Testing New Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season Tires for the New Family Vehicle
Comparing the Newest Long-Wearing Standard Touring All-Season Tires
Defining Value in Grand Touring All-Season Tires

I'd give a thumbs-up to the General Altimax RT43. I currently have these on both my 2015 Forester XT AWD and my 2002 Highlander AWD and am pretty happy with them in most conditions here in NJ, dry, wet and snow. One of the lowest priced, highest rated all-seasons in this size on TireRack.

Sadly, the 2016.5 CX-5 GT that I just got in December has practically new Yokohama Geolandars...
I've had the Geo's before on the Highlander and I wasn't a fan. I had found them to be not the best in snowy conditions. OEMs on the Highlander were Bridgestone Duelers...very noisy, I thought. I also previously ran the Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds and think these were the best, but not made any longer, so...Altimax.
Yeah, 200k miles on the Highlander so I've been thru a few sets!

I can't really say yet that they are that noisy on my GT, since I've really only had it for 3 weeks and am just getting used to it (when my wife let's me have the keys), but it looks like I will have to wait about 4 years/40k to replace them :p

Tire rack is offering Vredestein Quadtrac pro’s.Reviews look very good.235/50s or 235/55-19 would virtually be the same circumference with slightly more width. Looks to be very capable in snow.

I’m really enjoying these on my cx 5.

Back