2017~2021 Noisy CX-5 GT

:
Occupied Calif.
:
2019 CX 5 GT-R
BTW, when you*re at the America*s Tire checking out the tire pressure for free, make sure to check your mini spare tire in the trunk too. Unlike the road tires, it should be very low! (40+ psi instead of recommended 60 psi!)

My last several cars that had donut spares have recommended the spare tire pressure to be 60 PSI. That is also the pressure that is embossed on the sidewall of the spare in my CX 5. Why would you think running at more than 30% below the recommended pressure is the thing to do ?

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
BTW, when youre at the Americas Tire checking out the tire pressure for free, make sure to check your mini spare tire in the trunk too. Unlike the road tires, it should be very low! (40+ psi instead of recommended 60 psi!)
My last several cars that had donut spares have recommended the spare tire pressure to be 60 PSI. That is also the pressure that is embossed on the sidewall of the spare in my CX 5. Why would you think running at more than 30% below the recommended pressure is the thing to do ?
Yes youre correct most mini spares recommend 60 psi. What I meant was if you bother to take the mini spare out and check the tire pressure from your new CX-5, it should read 40+ psi instead of recommended 60 psi. It has been reported many times that the mini spare from factory doesnt have enough air, so make sure to check it and add more air to 60 psi.

:
Occupied Calif.
:
2019 CX 5 GT-R
I checked the donut spare in my CX 5 yesterday. I bought the car at the end of May so it is about 6 months from the time I took delivery and presumably all the items on the checklist were done.
It read 55 lbs on my dial type tire gauge. The temperature yesterday was in the mid to high 40's. I'm good with 55 PSI for now, will check it again every couple of months and if it is any lower will top it up to 60.

Latest posts