noise from passengers side?

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
92 & 16 Meyatas
so the wife just got back from a trip on the highway and she say's that there is a rattle coming from the door area, she say's it sounds like it a wire rattling/rubbing on the inside of the door...it doesn't make this sound around town. anyone else experience this? i'm going to try and get it on the highway myself tomorrow....any ideas, thoughts???? thanks!

Maybe one of the following TSBs:

TSB: 09-017/14

2013-2014 CX-5 - RATTLE NOISE FROM FRONT DOOR GLASS

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletins 09-017/14, issued on 03/05/14 and 09-011/13, issued on 04/17/13. The WARRANTY INFORMATION have been revised.

Changes are noted below in Red beside the change bar.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2014 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******300112 (produced before November 28, 2012)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may experience a rattle noise from the front door glass when driving with the window open approx. 1/2 to 4 inches (1 - 10cm).

The rattle noise may be caused by insufficient glass run channel holding force. To eliminate this concern, the shape of glass run channel has been changed in order to increase the holding force.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

===========

TSB: 09-012/13

2013-2014 CX-5 - NOISE FROM FRONT DOOR CHECKER AREA

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2014 CX-5

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may experience noise from the front door checker installation location (A) whenever the door is opened. When the door is fully opened, the door checker may become over-stroked and cause a crack at the spot welding area around the door checker.

thanks, so i ran her on the highway and no noise, ill try rolling the window down, oh the wife said the passenger window was down about a 1/2 (she didnt even notice it till she got home)

I had those same symptoms and I could not figure out what was making the noise. One day I flipped the sun visor and viola, noise was gone.

In my case, the visor did rattle and when contacting the ceiling the rattle protruded towards the right door area.

Now, every time it happens I move the visor or hold it for a while. I've been noise free for a while. It was really making me pissed.

Hope this helps.

I have noticed the visor also.
I also had a missing nut, by the passenger footwell side plastic cover(right side).

Back