No SD slot, no sat nav, help.

Hi. I hope you can help . We recently bought in UK Mazda CX5 (2014) it has not got SD port / slot. Is there a way of installing sat nav. The display console has Nav option but nothing happens when pressed. Please advise. Thank you

Really? Are you sure its empty.
Take a pick of the section which would've contained the slot.

There is a module that installs where a cubby exists between the steering wheel and the drivers door at about knee height.

You must install the module with the SD card slot before you can install the SD card and use the NAV button on the radio.

Thank you. Where do I get the module and how much it may cost please? Is there a way of connecting sat nav via USB port provided?

2014 model Nav uses a different architecture. Nav requires an NB1 TomTom hardware installed device.
Don't waste your money. Your mobile is better and faster.

Thanks. Mobile phone outside of UK uses data usage which can run out quickly when used in France for instance. Is there any app you can recommend. Thank you

On a 2014 you might try a salvage yard and get one from a 2013-2014 (maybe 2015) for a reasonable price. In the dashboard they should have survived the crash that totaled the car...

Thanks. Mobile phone outside of UK uses data usage which can run out quickly when used in France for instance. Is there any app you can recommend. Thank you
Sorry, I can't help you with that. Maybe someone in the UK or France has an answer.

I installed Nav on my 2015 Mazda6, exactly the same for the 2014 CX-5. It works but I always felt I could have saved the money and just used my phone. Maybe your case is different.

Thank you. What was the approximate cost in your case if you remember please. I have external sat nav by Tom Tom from prevoius car and wonder if there is a possibility to connect somehow via USB so that maps can be displayed on Mazda console. We would appreciate your thoughts on this. Cheers

Here is the part number, a quick Google search will get you the current price
KJY2-79-EZX

If you're using Google maps, you can save map areas to memory so it will not use data to display the map. Look for the Offline Maps in settings. Also, you can turn on the "Wi-Fi only" slider button so the phone will not download traffic information.

In europe HereMaps is very popular. You can download the country maps of your choice and can set destination at home on your home wifi and navigate off line while driving. It is free map and directions.

Apparently Mazda uses Here for the map data as well (according to the info on my CX-5 anyway)

Back