No more Mazda in the family

:
2009 Mazda5 Sport (5 speed), 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i (CVT)
I did not want to say "Goodbye" as I am sure I will keep checking this forum.

However, on this Monday our family has officially become Mazdaless. First time in 12 years. Our 5 is gone (has been traded in) and, hopefully, will find a new and (I am sure) happy owner. I liked the car very much and only a few months ago could never imagine that I will be posting this. However, a new job and a much longer commute (50 miles each way) very quickly convinced me that 5 is not the best highway cruiser out there (somehow I never noticed this before). I'd like to thank all of you for your help and shared wisdom and I am hoping that one day I will come back and become a member of Mazda family again.

For those of you near Boston: I have a black OEM cargo cover, Jabra Freeway Bluetooth speakerphone, and an old but perfectly functioning Garmin GPS. I do not need these items any longer. If interested, PM me.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the "highway cruiser" thing. I put almost 175 miles A DAY on mine and I think its a great highway car. Best of luck going forward, visit often...

We'll have to agree to disagree on the "highway cruiser" thing. I put almost 175 miles A DAY on mine and I think its a great highway car. Best of luck going forward, visit often...

Over the years I took a number of long trips in this car and never complained. However, when I started driving long distance on daily basis, I realized that the car is noisy and the ride is somewhat harsh. I am probably getting old(stoned) Many years ago I used to drive 130 miles a day in a 4-speed Dodge Colt - this thing was REALLY noisy(cryhard)

Well, good luck with your new ride. I can't blame anyone for changing car brands. There is too much variety in the car world to just stay with one brand. :)

I can't speak for the earlier 5s, but my 2013 rides softly and handles the highways easily. I got it to be a work van and family hauler. Mostly a work van. I think it could use a better seat cushion, but all else is very good for a 4-cylinder mini-van.

My "commutes" to work on machinery varies from 15 miles to 700 miles round trip. Today wasn't so bad as I only drove 100 or so miles round trip. (spin)

Its not so much a 4 vs 5 sp. The MTX 5th gear ratio SUCKS for hwy at normal human speeds. It needed the 6th or a taller 5th gear. Great for back roads and acceptable if you are hyermilering but otherwise it is very harsh for a daily hwy commute. The 5sp auto is acceptable.

What did you move on too?

What did you move on too?

Subaru Legacy. In the feature per dollar spent it is in Mazda5's league. The highway ride is much more pleasant and it really handles well. Acceleration feels similar to 5. I miss Mazda steering and the 3rd pedal though...

Subaru Legacy. In the feature per dollar spent it is in Mazda5's league. The highway ride is much more pleasant and it really handles well. Acceleration feels similar to 5. I miss Mazda steering and the 3rd pedal though...
nice. I'm considering one too.

I did not want to say "Goodbye" as I am sure I will keep checking this forum.

However, on this Monday our family has officially become Mazdaless. First time in 12 years. Our 5 is gone (has been traded in) and, hopefully, will find a new and (I am sure) happy owner. I liked the car very much and only a few months ago could never imagine that I will be posting this. However, a new job and a much longer commute (50 miles each way) very quickly convinced me that 5 is not the best highway cruiser out there (somehow I never noticed this before). I'd like to thank all of you for your help and shared wisdom and I am hoping that one day I will come back and become a member of Mazda family again.

For those of you near Boston: I have a black OEM cargo cover, Jabra Freeway Bluetooth speakerphone, and an old but perfectly functioning Garmin GPS. I do not need these items any longer. If interested, PM me.

I am still visiting this board - can't get zoom-zoom out of my blood(first). I also still have all the items above in my garage and really no use for them. In addition, I realized that my Mazda5 specific Thule roof rack does not fit my new car, so it is also available. Make an offer.

I'm in the same boat... Have had some sort of Mazda in the driveway since 1992. No more since I sold the 5 last year. We might jump back into a 3 later this year or next.

I am a new owner of an m5 since 2012. I must say, it can be a slouch when trying to merge onto the freeway. Though, it's a nice ride. Have been considering going VIP but can't justify the expenses on it. 65k on the clock and is holding up fine. May consider m6 in the future but have yet to do a test drive. It's different than anything on the road these days. Too bad Mazda killed it in the US. Premacy and Nissan version still available. Wish they offered 2.0t and awd here.

Back