newbie with new car

whats up everybody, i just found this board this morning and was relieved to also. I am on my way to pick up my mazdaspeed Protoge that I bought last night. I had my choice of the two colors, so i went with the Black Mica. Cant wait to drive it home. Anyway, I have been going crazy looking online looking for places that carry performance parts for it, such as a BOV, turbo timer, etc, but no luck. Anybody have any licks 2 places that specialize in the Mazdaspeed? Id appreciate it, and thanks in advance to anybody willing to help.

Welcom to the board and the Mazdaspeed family. As far as getting stuff like a Turbo Timer or a BOV, there aren't any Mazdaspeed specific places for those things...but there is a section on the front page of the website that is devoted to authorized vendors. You might find some stuff there, then also check the "all cars" sites like Summitt or Carparts.com/JC Whitney.

At the top of the page you will also find a "search" button. Get familiar with it, cause if you ask questions that have been answered before (or even numerous times) people will harass you and tell you to use the search function.

I got my Turbo Timer from Summitt...Blitz DCTT II...it has a built in boost gauge, that seems to be fairly accurate. A few other people have this as well...pretty easy to install too.

Feel free to ask questions as we are here to help...and again. Welcome.

Thats awesome. I cant wait to upgrade. Thanks for the info, and ill be sure to be careful about asking questions that have already been asked. Wish me luck everybody, im leaving now to go and get it. Ill post back later with my impressions.

oh yeah...and when i read your name, all i can think of is the Judas Priest song "Turbo Lover"

"I'm your turbo lover"(hand)

hahaha

Indeed!! Welcome 'Turboluver' to our family of great people, and very cool cars. Sometimes, we are quite outspoken, but we are always fun! Enjoy! And; Enjoy that sweet MAZDASPEED!!

Everyone here will tell you...... I LOVE MY MAZDASPEED!!!

Well, im finally home and what a day it was!! The car is friggen awesome, in every sense of the word. It handles like a dream. My best friend drives a 98' championship white integra type r, and all I have to say is, the msp gives the type r hell in those turns man. And that is saying alot. Did I mention that the front lsd is a godsend. Im looking foward to learning alot from the people on this board. Before a few days ago, I didnt know to much about the msp. I was originally saving up for a lancer evolution but dealer markup is a b****, and unfortunately the insurance was planning to rape me on that too. Needless to say I think I still made a wise decision. Ive had the car for a day, and already I can tell it is one of the best cars ive ever driven, regardless of the front wheel layout. :D Alot of bang for the buck in this ride as everyone here on the boards already knows im sure. Ok, i guess im rambling. Just really excited everyone. Thanks for your patience. (yippy)
P.s. OrangeAppeal, its funny that you mention the Judas Priest song, its exactly where I got the name. I definately play too much gran turismo ....lol

I was reading up on the Lancer Evo 8 and the damn things weighs over 4,200 pounds!!! That thing couldn't possibly compete with our cars in the twisties...I think it looks too much like a family car, mainly because of the high roof line.

2K3 Mazdaspeed said:
I was reading up on the Lancer Evo 8 and the damn things weighs over 4,200 pounds!!! .

i've got a road and track right here that states the curb weight for the evo is 3265 and the tested weight at 3440. where'd you get 4200 from?

The lancer would tear the msp up as well as a host of other cars out there. It comes with tons of standard features. Sure it doesn't look as good as the msp but I think 270+ hp for under 30k is a deal you can't pass up. Now why can't Mazda put that much hp into our cars!

savaho said:
The lancer would tear the msp up as well as a host of other cars out there. It comes with tons of standard features. Sure it doesn't look as good as the msp but I think 270+ hp for under 30k is a deal you can't pass up. Now why can't Mazda put that much hp into our cars!

because you wouldve paid 30k for a MSP with that power. Your talkin a redesigned tranny, beefed up internals. bigger turbo and IC. thats 10 grand right there.

For the 20k we paid for the MSP, its the best bang for the buck.

Not flamin ya, just pointing out the obvious.

(mspo)

I'm expecting the next Mazdaspeed 3 to be just over 200HP, but also $$$$. And that will be Mazda's downfall again. Same thing happened to the rx7.

Anyone that gets a Speed now is getting a pretty good performance vs $$$ deal. If the price goes up any more, I think it just ruins the point, and might as well get a better car. Especially with all the problems the speeds are having so far.

Back