new wagon/van/box forum

The never-ending wagon debate is valid conversation in any Protege5 thread.

But back to the topic...its no surprise to me that the Astro is popular in Japan. Take a look at the xB that has been selling like crazy over there...I wonder where Toyota/Scion got its design cues from?

chuyler1 said:
The never-ending wagon debate is valid conversation in any Protege5 thread.

I agree, especially since the original small "wagons" that came over from Japan weren't sold as "wagons" they were called "hatch backs". I think Volvo started the "sport-wagon" thing with the 850 Turbo, and when the giant american station wagons started disapearing, that's when everyone started calling hatch-backs "wagons".

and for thoes of you who haven't figured it out yet, I intentionally go overboard on my rants, it's for effect and amusement, so thoes of you who can't take a joke....... (upyours)

i always though a hatch back as a 3 door, and a wagon as a five door. they have just made them smaller.

Pesty said:
and for thoes of you who haven't figured it out yet, I intentionally go overboard on my rants, it's for effect and amusement, so thoes of you who can't take a joke....... (upyours)
i wasnt offended, no harm no foul, i will just try and through it back (burp)

chuyler1 said:
I wonder where Toyota/Scion got its design cues from?
Up till the tC came out? Chunks of human feces thrown on a wall might be a good guess.

pesty said:
Oh s*** man, got a whole 'nother variety of middle finger smiley now, huh? Damn dude, that's like Uber-cool (second)

By the way, if I had the money, I would take a magnum any day of the week/month/year over a Protege. One of the three cars made by Daimler Chrysler America that I would drive. I mean s***, you saw that commercial. It beat a Lotus Espirit!!

hahah omg i didnt so many people would care about a stupid label...5-door hatchback...wagon...whatever! hahaha lamers. go cry about it, that someone called your car a wagon. TEARS FLOW FROM YOUR EYES DOWN TO THE RIVER WHERE THEY POISON THE WATER AND KILL THE FISH.

Dexter said:
hahah omg i didnt so many people would care about a stupid label...5-door hatchback...wagon...whatever! hahaha lamers. go cry about it, that someone called your car a wagon. TEARS FLOW FROM YOUR EYES DOWN TO THE RIVER WHERE THEY POISON THE WATER AND KILL THE FISH.
Wagons of Mass Destruction Related Program Activities.

p5 = sport wagon, just like IS sportcross and the wrx sportwagon.

the p5 is a wagon, just not a station wagon.

Hey here's a thought... WHO GIVES A ****?! People can call it a van or a submarine or a camel, I'm still gonna love it. It's a wagon, not a station wagon, not a sport wagon, not a horse-drawn wagon. It's a Protege5! Now shut up.

well it IS a station wagon. that's where name wagon came from, and they cut the station part off because it has negative connotations

It is kinda like what's happening to the minvan. They are trying to make them look more like a suv than a minivan but it is still a minivan.....like the chrysler pacifica. You can throw Celine Dion in it and make it look less like a minivan but it is still a minivan. They do not call anything a station wagon anymore cause nobody would buy them. This is what will happen to minivans.

i dont think of it as a station wagon.... but just a wagon and i love calling my car a wagon. i dont really call it nething else just a wagon.... but now that u ppl keep sayhing station in this forums its scaring me there is no station wagon its just a wagon....

WAGON WAGON WAGON WAGON

Back