New to the Mazda CX-5 family

Hi, Been lurking for the last day and have learned a lot! Great forum!

I just picked up a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring with just under 22K. It has about a month left on the new car warranty from Mazda. After reading about the creaks, croaks and groans these cars can develop, and about people needing new struts, or other expensive front end / rear end work, I wonder if a $1600 extended warranty from my credit union would be wise?

Last edited:
How many years and miles does this warranty give you, and will it provide you with anything for a creak, croak, or groan? I think not. I've had my 2013 for 4 years and now has about 70,000 miles. Only needed to replace the brake light switch. Cost me $20. Handling is tight, I see no need for struts. No creaks, croaks, or groans.

Last edited:
Needing struts? Are you in the same forum I am? That's... Not really common. Niether is... Creaking.
There was one common issue with the Spoiler but easy fix.
Congrats on the car!

Last edited:
Had my 16 for 4 years and 2 months. No creaks, croaks, groans or struts. Flawless.

Where are you getting your information from?

My 2015 had terrible rattles, even after padding up and using Vc3 on the rear wing and screws. Its the plaetic wings flapping. You need to pad/block the corners with furniture tabs.

Hi, Been lurking for the last day and have learned a lot! Great forum!

I just picked up a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring with just under 22K. It has about a month left on the new car warranty from Mazda. After reading about the creaks, croaks and groans these cars can develop, and about people needing new struts, or other expensive front end / rear end work, I wonder if a $1600 extended warranty from my credit union would be wise?

Struts, front end and rear end work...umm might be a different forum?

Latest posts

Back