2013~2016 New to Mazzy Life

Hi all. Just picked up my first Mazda I’ve ever owned for my wife. It’s a 2016 Cx-5 GT.
After we got it we realized the features that are standard in other fairly loaded vehicles are not included in this one.
For instance no siriusxm module was installed obviously as it’s greyed out in the list, no android auto or Apple play so no option for text reply in the infotainment system outside of the premade replies, and we also discovered the navigation has never been updated.

With these features missing, and me being Mazda dumb, is changing out the head unit a better option to get all these features we’re looking to have?
Can one still retain the center console and steering wheel controls with an aftermarket?

Or is there updates and modules and what not we can add to make the factory system work how we want?

Do some reading on this site. All of the things that you're asking about can be done after updating the infotainment firmware. Except for the XM, if that needs a module to work then it needs a module to work.

After the firmware is updated Android Auto and/or Car Play can be installed.

Again, do some reading here.

Find the version number of your software. Report back.
So you don't have the GT then?

Definitely a GT.
5CB22C56-4FA4-4315-8A85-83427C5A27D6.jpeg

Hi all. Just picked up my first Mazda I’ve ever owned for my wife. It’s a 2016 Cx-5 GT.
After we got it we realized the features that are standard in other fairly loaded vehicles are not included in this one.
For instance no siriusxm module was installed obviously as it’s greyed out in the list, no android auto or Apple play so no option for text reply in the infotainment system outside of the premade replies, and we also discovered the navigation has never been updated.

With these features missing, and me being Mazda dumb, is changing out the head unit a better option to get all these features we’re looking to have?
Can one still retain the center console and steering wheel controls with an aftermarket?

Or is there updates and modules and what not we can add to make the factory system work how we want?
If Sirius/XM is greyed out it's probably not a GT.
You have to pay and have AA/AP installed in that year.
That dealer sticker of 37k is definitely not for a 2016 GT. For that price you could of bought a 2020 Turbo Signature.

Canadian sticker? given half the sticker is in French. That would explain the price difference of Canadian vs. US dollars.

My US 2016 GT came with the Sirius unit installed and is still being used by my daughter, in fact my 2013 GT had it also. Maybe you just need to activate the radio with Sirius...

My US 2016 GT came with the Sirius unit installed and is still being used by my daughter, in fact my 2013 GT had it also. Maybe you just need to activate the radio with Sirius...
I beli/eve the Op is in Canada (maybe) so maybe that's the case. I would think that even if there was no Sirius/XM account you would still be able to select S/XM and it would go to station zero or one and display some kind of message or preview songs. Being Canada who knows if that's the case or not.
There's some Canadians on this board so maybe they'll chime in.

Back