New to Mazda P5

:
Mazda Protege5
Hello fellow forum members! I am new to the forum and to Mazda. I have a 2003 Protege5 wagon, it only has 69,700 miles on it. I have read a few of the post on the Protege forum, but I need some help still. I need a new antenna, I see a lot of different makes of Mazda or even Honda to use, just they don't list the year's of the cars. I would like to know what would be the best one to get? Also I have found aftermarket custom tail light housings, but nothing for the headlights. I saw a post about useing Canadian P5 headlights but kinda pricey! Any other suggestions or maybe where to find some a little cheaper? The other thing I am interested in is a volt meter and oil pressure gauge. What brand would be good? I want to have them look like the stock gauges. I do need new struts for the car, I am not sure if the PO lowered the car or not but it rides very "HARD" and the rear rattles very badly going over bumps. What struts should I look at and how can I tell if the car has been lowered?

Thank you for the help in advance!
Snafu1

Getting anything made for this car (not ebay) is going to be pricey. Wait for things to be sold on here because used is the next best thing, I buy things all the time on here, CAI, MP3 ECU, Canadian black headlights and carbon fiber parts. Users here are very reliable and helpful on topics.
Research and you'll find out the stock bushings are crap. You could find cheap shocks and struts on amazon, it's very simple to chang them out. As far as gauges go, I never used them.
Research people will say the year of the antennas they used. I find out all the info I need without having to post and ask for help, it's really all out there.

Last edited:
welcome!!!! yeah i am going to completely remove my antenna from the top of my car. just have to figure out if i want to keep the stock yellow or go with a different color to repaint whole car.

Thanks NaturalFlavored, I tried the search function and was not getting anything. Maybe it was my computer or I didn't wait long enough after singing up? I will keep looking at the sale ads. Stay cool in AZ, my parents and both my brothers live there!

Back