New Suspension Suggestions

:
Mazdaspeed6
I am getting ready to replace my suspension. My OEM shocks are going, getting ready to go back to autocrossing, and got a bonus check this month, so I am ready to upgrade.

I am looking for some suggestions on lowering and stiffing my suspension for performance. I am not looking to go crazy, but want to improve the handling performance.

Now, that all the products available have been out there for a couple years and have certainly been tested by members of this forum. I am interested to hear what your experiences or the "word" is on suspension upgrades for the MS6.

What are your suggestions?

well first off, i would go with coilovers. i had springs first and although they're less expensive it will end up pissing you off in the end when you can't adjust the height. i have the 'cheapest' set up with BC racing coilovers and they seem fine to me. they are almost slammed and set to the stiffest setting (ha, that sounded weird) on my speed6 and the ride isn't too bad. handles like a dream compared to stock! if you contact markspd6 he can refer you to a guy who can get you a great price on coilovers. i believe he is called jdm sam. hope this helps!

i am also on h&r springs and stock suspension and i say not worth it. even though the springs wee like 120 shipped to my door (used), coilovers would still have been the better choice.

Coils for sure. Whatever you do, avoid the "Ms6 specific engineered" RPM springs... utter trash on track.
KW V2^ as was suggested have a great track record, no pun intended... Megans, for a bit cheaper, very similar engineering.
BC's are reliable but aren't really long term stress tested on track for the MS6 that i have seen, unless someone reports otherwise, they are more for street usage...
(i know smaller, lighter cars track them tho)

Back