New P5 Owner

ShakeThis

:
Mazda Protege 5
I just recently purchased a 02 p5 at a local dealer. I have wanted one since I first saw them in 01', one because i knew the market would not be flooded with them and two because I have always loved wagons/hatchbacks. So i was headed to the subaru dealer on Tuesday to check out an 02' SVT focus when on the entrance corner to the lot was a sunburst yellow P5. I knew i was sold the second I rolled into the dealership. My car with the color i wanted and everything. So I played it cool drove the svt and protege both knowing I liked the P5 more. Called my buddy/roomate and told him to come to my work that we had to clean out my car/system cuz i was selling my car(89' ford probe (notcool) ). We cleaned it out spent some time there i drove both again and just told the dealer I could not decide. To make a long story short i put down my car/$4500 cash on my new P5. I had to get a loan out for the remaining 6-7k but it worked out good. Car is in Flawless condition In and Out. My only complaints are the 3.5" muffler tip the previous owner threw on there, and the 17" TSW R System Rims. Just because i wanted to pick my rims.

I am having a little trouble identifying these rims so if anyone knows anything about TSW and they could help me out that would be awesome. They look like a mix between the Revo and Fury, they are painted white with a little red cap that has a cotter pin to cover lugs. around that cap there is red words that say TSW R System. Any help would be awesome.

I am new to the modification scene, only because i have never had a car worth modifying. But I plan on starting a site up with pics/updates/future plans for my car. I hope to be able to learn from and chat with alot of you guys in the near future about our bad ass cars.
(p5yellow)

welcome, what kind of mods you want to do to your mp5?
for me i'm going for looks and better performance. there alot of DIY in the how-to section.

Cool! Once you see one on sale you want to pick it up. I was like that when I picked my p5, right at the entrance of the dealership floor, and I was in love!

nice choice on the P5.....i was the same way. i owned a 01' ES2.0 and one day drove by a mazda dealer and liked the black P5 i saw on the lot. picked it up the next day, trading in my sedan.....been driving it for almost 2 years now!

Welcome to the forum! You'll find the forum is a very useful tool:) There are answers for just about every question you might have. People can get a little edgy about questions that have been proposed a million times, so you might want to do a search on the ?'s before you ask them. I don't mind, it's a newbie thing:).

I'm just starting to get really interested in modding my car now too, after over a year of driving it stock. They're just such awesome, sexy looking cars, i want to personalize mine so there's nothing like it on the road (well, not around here anyway).

I'm starting out pretty simple though. Just ordered a Mazdaspeed sport exhaust for only $150, gonna paint the calipers, probably a CAI, and maybe some other aesthetic upgrades.
Oh, and now you're a member of the forums, one "mod" I would highly recommened are the customized forum decals for your car. They look absolutely sweet and professional and are a good price. Plus, it's a good way of attracting other people to our cars.

Good luck with your modding, post back about what you decide to do as well, since there are many of us who are always on the lookout for new ideas as to what to do next.

Hey more in WA, check the regional section, we do meets on occasion, seems to be intermittant interest... There's actually a member up in B'ham with a MP3 (though he's on a suspended lsience at the moment) Eitherway, welcome aboard.

sorry i have not been around

So it was a busy weekend, had folks up this weekend as well as roomates parents took a ton of pics of my car to put on a website. got a system put in
4 new speakers (rf), 2 Rockford fosgate 12" p2's, Rockford amp bridged with 1 frod capacitor, as well as a shakes the hell out of everything, so loud it hurts ear drums. I love it.

On a bad note: was parking thought car could clear the cement outline and ended up denting front end a littleon lip of front right corner...as well as noticed some dents on hood of car looks like someone slammed down hood with a tool still underneath. :(

Back