New Owner - 2011 Mazda2

haze5736

:
2011 Mazda2 Touring 5spd
I just purchased a 2011 Mazda 2 Sport with manual transmission and just over 106k miles on the odometer. It's not easy to find a manual these days so I kind of jumped on this one which needs some work to bring it back to where I'll be happy with it. It's seems to be a fun little car so looking forward to bringing it back to life.

Here's the list of repairs that are obvious to me so far. I'm sure there are more but I'll figure that out once I sort out the obvious.

Front brakes - all new parts
Rear brakes - all new parts
Both front wheel bearings
Front struts
Rear shocks
Oil and filter change
Coolant change
Brake fluid flush
Manual transmission fluid change
Spark plugs
Air filter
Detail inside and out including engine bay - car is filthy
Air bag light flashing - code 25?
Serpentine belt and idler pulley

The car was disgusting inside. There was actually a mouse trap under the driver's seat. The right side rear trim where the seat belt comes out has a chunk chewed out of it. I can see 2 wires chewed through behind it. I'm guessing they are for the rear cargo light that doesn't work. Some of my issues may be rodent related. I'll find out how much damage there is once I dig into it. There's some minor rust that I plan to tackle. I'm in the Syracuse NY area so rust is a major issue around here. This car seems to have held up pretty well given it was probably neglected. The worst rust I found so far is the bottom rear of the rear wheel openings. I'll have to decide if I want to have that repaired. That kind of body work is beyond my skill level. At the least I will grind it out and use rust converter and paint.

I have not been able to find a factory service manual so far. I usually get one for all of my cars but I usually buy much older vehicles. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Last edited:
If it's not to late. I could not find one for my demio but the north america one helped.

Attachments

• 2011-mazda2-owners-manual.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 308

Latest posts

Back