New motor........

:
2022 2.5GT
The old CX-5 is no more, thanks to thieves but now Im in CX-3s big brother. Im led to believe that photbucket will block photos without a subscription so when these photos and all the tutorials disappear, Im afraid were screwed!

IMG_3429_zpsnrjcrksi.jpg

Soul Red Crystal;

IMG_3431_zpsfo3rcmie.jpg

IMG_3433_zps1waprzrw.jpg

IMG_3434_zpstko1svj0.jpg

Is it a SA-G 2.5L? Do you have ALH? And please tell us if your DRL setup includes LED headlights?

I can see your new CX-5 has CD player、open/close dial control on center dash vents、and power auto-folding outside mirrors. Nice!

Congrats!

Hey! Use the front camera in your phone...everything is backwards! [emoji106][emoji6]

Nice ride! Our will be in on Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Ha ha, thanks folks. I realised you call an engine a motor where we call the whole car a motor - sometimes!

Got a few criticisms which I will list at some stage but to answer the above, yes, the low level headlights come on with the LED running lights. The auto fold mirrors are a good way of confirming the walk away locking has worked as they fold as soon as it locks and unfold as soon as you unlock.

It has the 2.2 175 high torque diesel but is very quiet inside. I think this will be better on fuel as it has so far (120 miles or so) not regenerated the particulate filter. The 2016.5 did it every 100 miles and it drank diesel pulling the average down to about 35mpg form what would otherwise be a very healthy 45-50 (imperial gallons).

Yes, I paid 800 (about $1000) for the safety pack which is Lane departure (only use it on long trips), blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, rear smart city braking and ALH. Are they good? They were astonishing on the 2016.5 but these knock them out of the park. Think of them as long range searchlights with a mind of their own. You wouldn’t think it possible with such compact light units.

I’m led to believe that photbucket will block photos without a subscription so when these photos and all the tutorials disappear, I’m afraid we’re screwed!

That's why you use Imgur and not Photobucket. (scratch)

Anyway, congrats on the new car!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ha ha, thanks folks. I realised you call an engine a motor where we call the whole car a motor - sometimes!

It has the 2.2 175 high torque diesel but is very quiet inside. I think this will be better on fuel as it has so far (120 miles or so) not regenerated the particulate filter. The 2016.5 did it every 100 miles and it drank diesel pulling the average down to about 35mpg form what would otherwise be a very healthy 45-50 (imperial gallons).

If I am not mistaken, Mazda did day real world driving figures should be atleast the same if not better than the previous model

Or just use postimage :D

⋯ yes, the low level headlights come on with the LED running lights.
I thought functional piggybacking, such as operating the headlamps or front turn signals or fog lamps as DRLs, is not permitted according to European Union Directive 2008/89/EC? And you have ALH, there's no clear definition between low-beam and high-beam headlights?

The auto fold mirrors are a good way of confirming the walk away locking has worked as they fold as soon as it locks and unfold as soon as you unlock.
I wish Mazda North American Operations would spec those features such as this, and CD player、open/close dual-control center vents、full one-touch open/close power windows with illuminated switch、front/rear integrated parking sensors、i-stop、etc for US customers.

And SA-G 2.5L is still not available in UK?

Yes, I paid 800 (about $1000) for the safety pack which is Lane departure (only use it on long trips), blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, rear smart city braking and ALH. Are they good? They were astonishing on the 2016.5 but these knock them out of the park. Think of them as long range searchlights with a mind of their own. You wouldnt think it possible with such compact light units.
This $1,000 Safety Pack option is definitely worth the money than our mostly useless and expensive $1,830 GT Premium Package!

I wish Mazda North American Operations would spec those features such as this, and CD player、open/close dual-control center vents、full one-touch open/close power windows with illuminated switch、front/rear integrated parking sensors、i-stop、etc for US customers.

We lost the CD player, no controls on centre vents but get the rest.

I would have liked Australia to also get I-eloop.

Nope.

2.0L Petrol (G), 2.2 Diesel LO (Low Output) & 2.2L Diesel HO (High Output)

Last edited:
I thought functional piggybacking, such as operating the headlamps or front turn signals or fog lamps as DRLs, is not permitted according to European Union Directive 2008/89/EC? And you have ALH, there's no clear definition between low-beam and high-beam headlights?

This $1,000 Safety Pack option is definitely worth the money than our mostly useless and expensive $1,830 GT Premium Package!

Without trawling data I cant answer this. I suppose the combining of the low intensity headlights doesnt contravene and of this legislation though. I did think that the dipping of the LED DRLs might be legislation but the headlights dont dip for them either and I dread to think how bright they met be to an oncoming car.

The ALH is operated by selecting auto and pushing the dip switch to full beam. They are fascinating to watch. They fade up gradually but fairly quick and the level they rise to depends on what speed you are doing and whether there are another cars about. They will dip for another car instantly but stay on beam on one side of the road or either side of a car in front. They can be operated manually out of the auto position.

I didnt realise that the adjustable vents werent common although I know there are many other variations.

No 2.5G engine although the dealer seems fairly confident that Mazda are deep in discussion with Toyota about their 2.5G hybrid package.

I didn’t realise that the adjustable vents weren’t common although I know there are many other variations.

We don't get it here in OZ :(

No 2.5G engine although the dealer seems fairly confident that Mazda are deep in discussion with Toyota about their 2.5G hybrid package.

You might eventually get the cylinder shut down version of the 2.5L

The part number for those centre vents is KB8M-64-930 -02 and the Uk price is 90.40 which is perhaps $110 if anyone wants to modify them. The side ones are 55.48 and the part numbers are K123-64-730A-02 (right) and K123-64-830A-02 (left).

fullsizeoutput_16b8.jpg

Last edited:
The part number for those centre vents is KB8M-64-930 -02 and the Uk price is 90.40 which is perhaps $110 if anyone wants to modify them. The side ones are 55.48 and the part numbers are K123-64-730A-02 (right) and K123-64-830A-02 (left).

fullsizeoutput_16b8.jpg
Good to know, but probably not worth shipping it all the way here to Australia

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Anyway, congrats on the new car!

imgur photos disappear if they go a few months (6?) without a view.. so old threads with imgur photos are no fun to look at.

I think it's best to just upload directly to the forum.

imgur photos disappear if they go a few months (6?) without a view.. so old threads with imgur photos are no fun to look at.

I think it's best to just upload directly to the forum.
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Reminds me of Iron Man.......

IMG_3464.jpg

These regional differences! We don't get the drive away locking but the grid lines on the rear camera do curve.

IMG_3459.jpg

Latest posts

Back