New infotainment system 2021 Mazda CX-5

Oh, I fully believe that automakers should use one system consistently across all models (or even brands!), but I'm simply pointing out that there are automakers that are much less consistent than Mazda. :)

Mazda announced this morning that the 2021 CX-9 gets the new infotainment system, so it's quite possible it's coming to the 2021 CX-5 as well.
I hope that's the case. I've been doing some research and have seen some complaints regarding the current system. It's pretty much the only complaint that I've seen. I've been hearing the rumors regarding the possible update and have been crossing my fingers and waiting it out. Otherwise, I would just get a 2020.

Outdated MID (multi info display) system is the major weakness of the CX-5. I own the '14 Mazda3. I lost count how many times I had dealer updated the firmware. :)

If I have to give another one, that would be the weak brakes, but it is not that bad. Comparing to my Mazda3 and Mazda6, the braking distance is longer. Even the new driver in my house can feel the difference.

Hope the 2021 CX-5 gets the new info system.

Does anyone know if the new system comes with the updated command controller from the cx30/3? That new Controller seems to allow switching tracks/stations by pushing the volume knob left/right which I think is an improvement. The one picture that’s been released of the new interior shows the existing cx5 controller, not the new one, but hoping this is just a rendering.

WIRELESS carplay in the canadian 2021 CX5 models with the old Mazda Connect System.
1598632025575.png

Mazda Canada is engaging people on the topic on Twitter. Seems legit. I see the info is also in their official media release pdf doc. too. This seems to be real.

Also, the US 2021 Mazda 6 was announced this morning with wireless Apple CarPlay on the "old" infotainment system.

"New for 2021, the Mazda6 Grand Touring will feature wireless Apple CarPlayTM – a first for the brand."

Seeing as the Mazda AIO tweaks allow you to enable wireless Android Auto (on the Gen2 cars), I would think that the hardware is there, it's just a matter of software programming.

Seeing as the Mazda AIO tweaks allow you to enable wireless Android Auto (on the Gen2 cars), I would think that the hardware is there, it's just a matter of software programming.

Apple requires "authentication chips" for wired CarPlay which is why the USB hub must be upgraded in addition to the software to support wired CarPlay. I would imagine wireless CarPlay also requires something similar.

Latest posts

Back