New here with a 2002 white protege5

its mainly road noise and i suspect its partly due to the tires but i have read reviews that the lack of insulation is one of the main cons on this car.
its not bad but travelling on the interstate makes for even louder noise.

i was thinkin of doing something like dynomat or cheaper option to dampin it
I have aK&N drop in filter and i recharged it recently and it made a nice difference on the idle but i still think i need to get to the EGR and clean it one weekend.
Ill post pics soon.

I have aK&N drop in filter and i recharged it recently and it made a nice difference on the idle but i still think i need to get to the EGR and clean it one weekend.
Ill post pics soon.

I poured some Seafoam down the throttle body of my Nissan the other day. Cleared my rough idle right up. Was so bad that it would hardly idle before. Still I probably should clean/replace the EGR, but it helped out quite a bit...

I don't think it rides rough but the seats - especially leather like mine - are extremely uncomfortable.

Thats odd, both the wife and I think the seats are some of the most comfortable we have ever owned, and our other car is a mecedes.

Clean out the EGR. My car had the same problem. It's annoying, especially when the whole car is shaking because of it. Welcome to the forums. Good people and good advice on here.

Thats odd, both the wife and I think the seats are some of the most comfortable we have ever owned, and our other car is a mecedes.

The seats in our MSP are muuuuuch more comfortable. The P5 seats are very rigid and hard. Maybe it's b/c they're leather? (dunno)

Seats are not that comfortable. The ones in my Subaru are way better.

I find that I have to shift around a lot after an hour driving.

X

Seats are not that comfortable. The ones in my Subaru are way better.

I find that I have to shift around a lot after an hour driving.

X

(werd) They also seem "shorter". They always seem to hit a nerve in my leg if I sit a certain way for too long.

(werd) They also seem "shorter". They always seem to hit a nerve in my leg if I sit a certain way for too long.

You nailed it. I always get a pain in my thigh/lower leg area. This must be the reason why.

X

Back