New feature - 360 view.

:
2022 2.5GT
I see 360 view is now added to the available options. I wonder which markets will get it offered?

Unless the mods can give us a bit more capacity for uploads, I cant show you the pdf.

I see 360 view is now added to the available options. I wonder which markets will get it offered?

Unless the mods can give us a bit more capacity for uploads, I can’t show you the pdf.

Where do you see it and is it for all cars or just the Mazda 6?

I remember reading about that for the 6 in coverage from one of the car mags when they first announced the 2.5T.

This is the intro page. Not sure it translates from Japanese very well.

E47_E4607-10_A3-4484-84_A9-87_B88_A712_ECA.png

You can change to various views.....

717_F21_D5-1_B1_B-4_E79-_B756-_BFA73244_B974.png

It uses the rear camera but the front and side cameras are new....

79_C6_EB68-_CAA2-48_A9-94_BD-1531_E0_AECD36.png

Luckily there is an off switch for the stick in the muds.

Don’t get me wrong I like the cameras but I wish more automakers would address this issue. On m GTI the camera is tucked in behind the badge when not in use so it stays clean. I think I saw one car with an actual washer. Most like Mazda just don’t address the issue at all. Imagine a car with no windshield wipers or washers.

Yes, it can cause problems in poor weather but you’ve got to balance the function with the cost. It really needs a system of keeping the outside of the car clean. Not an easy problem to solve.

Don’t get me wrong I like the cameras but I wish more automakers would address this issue. On m GTI the camera is tucked in behind the badge when not in use so it stays clean. I think I saw one car with an actual washer. Most like Mazda just don’t address the issue at all. Imagine a car with no windshield wipers or washers.

Maybe you could invent the self cleaning car, sell the invention to Mazda, demand a percentage for royalties, and be stinkin rich.

Easy.

Yes, it can cause problems in poor weather but you’ve got to balance the function with the cost. It really needs a system of keeping the outside of the car clean. Not an easy problem to solve.

VW’s solution works and doesn’t seem that complicated.........

This is the only feature I wish I was able to get for the car. Well this or parking sensors that integrate into the screen.

Sucks I just bought my CX-5 on Friday and I doubt it’s an option to install after the car has been purchased.

This is the only feature I wish I was able to get for the car. Well this or parking sensors that integrate into the screen.

Sucks I just bought my CX-5 on Friday and I doubt its an option to install after the car has been purchased.
Don't worry, Mazda North American Operations won't give this nice 360 view feature to US customers on CX-5 in the near future! Remember so far we haven't got side-view camera、integrated front and rear parking sensors、backup camera with dynamic guidelines、power-folding rear-view mirrors, where those features are available in other regions for many years! (notcool)

Back