New Differential but ABS lights on?

Here are 2 TSBs related to input bearing failure on CX-5’s rear differential:

TSB 03-002/14: RATTLE / CHATTER NOISE FROM REAR DIFFERENTIAL

TSB ???: 2013-2016 CX-5 AWD – RATTLE / CHATTER NOISE FROM REAR DIFFERENTIAL

2013-2016 https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) AWD vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******725078 (produced before October 1, 2015)

While driving at low speeds, some vehicles may exhibit a chattering / rattling type noise from the rear of the vehicle.

The noise may be caused by a rear differential bearing failure.

The following mass-production changes have been implemented to eliminate the noise.

DescriptionStarting VIN and Production Date
1. The assembly process was improved.JM3KE******391989 (September 16, 2013)
2. The shape of the coupling unit housing was changed.JM3KE******725078 (October 1, 2015)

This section should have posted to the OP at the first place.

COUPLING COMPONENT CALIBRATION DATA WRITING:
CAUTION: After part replacement, write characteristic value of new coupling component to 4WD control module (from M-MDS toolbox, “Chassis”, “4WD/AWD”, “Coupling Calibration Data Writing”). If this is not completed, it may result in the following conditions: – The system will not operate normally. – Coupling component durability problems may occur. Obtain characteristic value from label (A) or mark (B) locations shown below.

2FE09DCE-A6E4-4121-BDDA-674B009BD3CA.jpeg

Sorry for the delay. I know you are all anxiously awaiting my reply.

O, btw, drivers side power seat stopped working less than 24 hours after getting the car back...Only one side of the seat moves back and forth. Little bit of an issue when there is a 13" height difference in drivers. From what I have read there may be a broken shaft from the motor. I'm looking forward to another fix.

yrwei52 - I did see the TSB for the coupling. I don't think this was the issue with mine. I believe the water inside the casing caused the bearing to fail, whether it entered through the vent or through the poor seal between the coupling and diff case. However, maybe this is Mazda meant by "assembly process improved".

Silly Wabbit - I have a one year warranty on the new (current) diff assembly.
The first time I swapped out the diff I was installing a used diff from LKQ. They did refund the purchase after I found it was defective and leaked. So no money lost there, only time and knuckle blood.
Also, I would have liked to use the original ABS sensors but they were rusted inside the hub. I had to cut the wires and drill out the sensors from the hub on both driver and passenger side. I purchased the new sensors form RockAuto. They were supposedly OEM quality but who knows.

Happy Zooming.

O, btw, drivers side power seat stopped working less than 24 hours after getting the car back...Only one side of the seat moves back and forth. Little bit of an issue when there is a 13" height difference in drivers.
From what I have read there may be a broken shaft from the motor. I'm looking forward to another fix.
Could be just the drive cable TK81-88-0D1?

Power-seat noise

Back