2013~2016 new battery, car wont start

I recently had my battery changed after the Mazda dealer ran test and recommended.
It's been fine until yesterday. I tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over and I had just driven it. Brake stiff, so I immediately knew something was up, but again the dashboard lite up like a Christmas tree as it did prior to battery replacement.
I am the 2nd owner had 8K miles preowned by Mazda dealer.
Has anyone else had this problem???

Thanks any feedback will be appreciated.

Does the light on the START/STOP button change colors when you press the brake pedal?

The start button is green. Its a mystery so I am having it towed to the dealership
since the battery is less then a month old I shouldn't have to jump start.

I've heard stories of 'infant mortality' on new batteries - i.e. they fail a short time after being installed. Maybe this is what's happened to you (?)

Please tell us what the dealer did to fix it. From the description, I would suspect the steering wheel needs a jerk to realign it. The other is the switch telling the starter it’s in neutral or park. Either of these will prevent a jump also.

I am having similar issue.
2018 CX5, purchased used in June 2019 with only 11k on it. Today is Jan 15 and it would not start when I came out from Gym. This is the 6th time since I purchased 6 months ago.
I have service coming up and will have it checked.
So far not overly impressed.

I am having similar issue.
2018 CX5, purchased used in June 2019 with only 11k on it. Today is Jan 15 and it would not start when I came out from Gym. This is the 6th time since I purchased 6 months ago.
I have service coming up and will have it checked.
So far not overly impressed.
How did you get it to start the first 5 times it would not start for you in the last 6 months?

I recently had my battery changed after the Mazda dealer ran test and recommended.
It's been fine until yesterday. I tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over and I had just driven it. Brake stiff, so I immediately knew something was up, but again the dashboard lite up like a Christmas tree as it did prior to battery replacement.
I am the 2nd owner had 8K miles preowned by Mazda dealer.
Has anyone else had this problem???

Thanks any feedback will be appreciated.
Have your mechanic check the alternator. If it is bad, the new battery would never charge and would very quickly not be able to start the car.

Have your mechanic check the alternator. If it is bad, the new battery would never charge and would very quickly not be able to start the car.
That's a good idea, but would suck if the dealer had not tested the charging system when recommending a battery replacement.

I'm not saying that such things don't happen.
I'm just saying it would suck.

OK … apparently it was a "bad battery", they kept my car for a few days and tested it out before returning it back to me. SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

I'm just happy I purchased the extended warranty on the vehicle and the battery was new and under warranty.

My dealer says battery is 3 years OEM warranty only, not covered under CPO warranty.

I made the mistake of not checking the battery before buying a CPO. Apparently, the dealer swapped in a aftermarket 350 CCA battery, which isn't enough to start the car in cold weather states.

I made the mistake of not checking the battery before buying a CPO. Apparently, the dealer swapped in a aftermarket 350 CCA battery, which isn't enough to start the car in cold weather states.

Then I would complain to Mazda. Not replacing 'like for like' goes against the CPO standards, I'm sure.

Then I would complain to Mazda. Not replacing 'like for like' goes against the CPO standards, I'm sure.
I agree, although I looked and could not find an actual CPO Warranty document to reference.

As for the 350 CCA battery the dealer installed,actually the OEM Panasonic battery in my CX-5 was only rated for 320 CCA.After being 6 years old and getting weaker with winter coming on,I replaced it with a ~ 550 CCA battery.I don't know where you live but the OEM battery started it every winter here in the midwest.

My 2017 CX-5 developed an intermittent starting problem within the last 3 months, where it would sometimes hesitate, and sometimes do NOTHING. It has a new battery installed by AAA and the tech also tested the alternator as being OK, push button start would be on green, etc. The dealer diagnosed it as a bad starter and replaced it under warranty. I have NEVER replaced a starter on a car that is less than 3 years old until now.

Back