New battery at 4 yrs 41k miles???

:
Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT
Battery was starting to show weakness. AAA tested it and it was down to about 330 CCA. Seems like I should have gotten more life out of it but oh well. It's a non-iEloop 2016 GT. Car is always garage parked and I live in Upstate SC so no extreme weather conditions. I do tend to drive short errands at times so I bet that caused some of the shortened life.

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2016 Mazda6 iGT, 2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback
My '16 GT w/ iEloop was replaced at around 4 yr old also.
Same as my daughter's '14 Mazda3. They both lasted about four yrs.

:
2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed
My iEloop battery lasted a bit more than 4 years. I think it would've lasted longer if the car were driven more often while I was working in Malaysia for one month. But hey, it was only $600 to have it replaced.(rolleyes)

:
Mazda6 GT, MX5 PRHT
I guess times have changed because I used to always get at the very minimum 5 years out of a battery. Maybe it is all the electronics in cars now????

On another note, I finally used my AAA membership benefits and had them come out to my house to install a new battery. Only $5 more than a top of the line battery from Autozone or Advance Auto and the AAA warranty is better/longer. 100% replacement in first 3 years and warranty coverage up to 6 years. I think 50% replacement cost after 3 years (can't remember).

Last edited:
:
2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed
Maybe it is all the electronics in cars now????

Yes, that's exactly what it is. It gets to a point where we have no choice - We WILL pay more to have 12 airbags, 30 sensors, and get at least 55 MPG whether we want to or not.

:
Portland, OR USA
:
2004 6s Wagon
The battery in my 2004 only lasts about 2yrs. The temperature under the hood of that thing is impressive.

:
2015 Mazda6 GT
Yeah my 2015's stock battery died a little over a year ago so about 3 or 4 years of life. Replaced with a AAA battery which didn't even last a year. Put in a a Northstar AGM after that, hopefully will be much better

Latest posts