New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to do some digging as there are other forums/sites where the firmware is available to download from.

As to trusted sites, that is a risk you need to consider as any site other than Mazda's (if they actually had a place to download from) may not be safe.

Are there any non-trolls that want to comment on my original query?
Obviously googling is the quickest and easiest way to look for information, and always my first step when seeking information. In addition to the information I gather from Google, I would also like insights from others in the Mazda community. Again, the whole purpose of having a discussion forum is to gain insights from others in the community who have tried and tested hacks, products or processes. Please try to keep your responses constructive to the discussion. You're not contributing to anything by stating the obvious, and just making the forum messy.

Obviously googling is the quickest and easiest way to look for information, and always my first step when seeking information. In addition to the information I gather from Google, I would also like insights from others in the Mazda community. Again, the whole purpose of having a discussion forum is to gain insights from others in the community who have tried and tested hacks, products or processes. Please try to keep your responses constructive to the discussion. You're not contributing to anything by stating the obvious, and just making the forum messy.

Excuse me? I'm not a troll.

You asked questions. I answered them with suggestions.

Just because you don't wish to do any research yourself and probably try the process out doesn't give you the right to call someone out who is trying to help you.

I won't be making that mistaken again.

Have a nice day.

P.S. - Because it is so new out there in the market, not alot of users here might have it installed. That is why I suggested reading other forums where from what I have seen more users are DIYing (Do it Yourself) AA/ACP installation including installing relevant firmware etc.

Last edited:
No, because you're obviously not trying. But since you wanted to make it about obtaining a link, here you go, top result is where to go. Also, read the first page at that post. Has everything you need.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mazda+firmware+downloads

To be fair that thread is a convoluted mess. As it the 400 page Android Auo thread.

Excuse me? I'm not a troll.

You asked questions. I answered them with suggestions.

Just because you don't wish to do any research yourself and probably try the process out doesn't give you the right to call someone out who is trying to help you.

I won't be making that mistaken again.

Have a nice day.

P.S. - Because it is so new out there in the market, not alot of users here might have it installed. That is why I suggested reading other forums where from what I have seen more users are DIYing (Do it Yourself) AA/ACP installation including installing relevant firmware etc.

Suggesting someone to google something isn't a suggestion, it's trolling.
I've seen you respond like that to queries from other members as well. It's a pointless response and doesn't offer anything to the discussion.
I respond to questions all the time, even if the answer is a simple google search away.
Many people want answers from people who have experience with an issue, and can offer tried-and-tested solutions.
In other words, I'm less interested in the results that Google gives me, and more interested in the results that have worked for others in the community.

I read through questions on this forum from people everyday. If it's a questions I can answer or offer an insight to, then I'll respond. If it's something I'm not familiar with, then I just stay out of it, and let someone who has actual insights respond. I definitely don't respond with useless comments, such as "Google it".

To be fair that thread is a convoluted mess. As it the 400 page Android Auo thread.

Most threads become like that eventually.

Still there's no need to label another user when they don't get the answer they are wanting. It's an easy thing to do not to mention a cheap and low shot.

Not very hard to look up other forums via Google and get the information they want. I do it all the time and then I ask questions if I need clarification. I don't bother people without trying to find out myself first or if I do, try something out.

Any ways good luck to those wanting and installing AA/ACP :)

Last edited:
...Not very hard to look up other forums via Google and get the information they want. I do it all the time and then I ask questions if I need clarification...

^^^
You assumed with me, and many others on this forum as well that we don't look for our answers elsewhere. You just said yourself that you ask on here when you need clarification, but whenever someone posts a question on this forum for clarification, half your responses are, "Google it".

It's a cheap response, that doesn't offer anything to the discussion. I can't think of any possible reason to state something so obvious, other than trolling the forum.

7eregrine, thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. Much appreciated!

^^^
You assumed with me, and many others on this forum as well that we don't look for our answers elsewhere. You just said yourself that you ask on here when you need clarification, but whenever someone posts a question on this forum for clarification, half your responses are, "Google it".

It's a cheap response, that doesn't offer anything to the discussion. I can't think of any possible reason to state something so obvious, other than trolling the forum.

7eregrine, thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. Much appreciated!
I think we've reached the point when this thread should be closed... nothing new has been discussed and there are a slew of other threads with the necessary resources, namely the mazda3rev forum with all the docs and firmware DLS.. anyone else feel this way? We're over 1k posts and now just bickering over someone not doing due diligence then berating another for not spoon feeding him links but calling out his laziness.

That's my 2

I think we've reached the point when this thread should be closed... nothing new has been discussed and there are a slew of other threads with the necessary resources, namely the mazda3rev forum with all the docs and firmware DLS.. anyone else feel this way? We're over 1k posts and now just bickering over someone not doing due diligence then berating another for not spoon feeding him links but calling out his laziness.

That's my 2

Unpinning it would be a good start. It's covering too many topics. AA/ACP release news, AA/ACP hacks, AA/ACP self-install, etc etc.
Each one of these should probably be on a separate thread, but I've seen other threads get locked because they feel anything relating to AA/ACP should be discussed here.

Unpinning it would be a good start. It's covering too many topics. AA/ACP release news, AA/ACP hacks, AA/ACP self-install, etc etc.
Each one of these should probably be on a separate thread, but I've seen other threads get locked because they feel anything relating to AA/ACP should be discussed here.

I'd like to add that Xerlering is most definitely not a troll, and regardless of how you feel about his google response, try to keep the name calling/labeling out please and thank you. I agree, I'll unsticky this thread because it's pretty broad as is.

I'd like to add that Xerlering is most definitely not a troll, and regardless of how you feel about his google response, try to keep the name calling/labeling out please and thank you. I agree, I'll unsticky this thread because it's pretty broad as is.

Well said and good call... (2thumbs)

Thank you :)

We do have another sticky thread CX-5 Android / Apple - EU Soon | AUS 4Q 2018 | US/CA Soon

Maybe this can be opened, title altered and then used (uhm)

True and good point...To focus on which aspect of this overall topic...News? Hacks? Installs? Open to suggestions...

Thank you (2thumbs)

How about something like "The All In One Android Auto / Apple Car Play thread" with a note mentioning "News? Hacks? Installs?" etc (uhm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back