New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I spoke to a parts guy at a dealership here in B.C.

They recently got some info from head office on this (and are expecting more soon). Parts are expected to be available for purchase here in mid-October, and approximately $300 CDN. Labour he didn't know, as Mazda hasn't yet provided details on installation, but he guesstimated around $150 for 1.5hr install time.

I asked him if I could just buy the parts and do the install myself... would it void my warranty, etc. Again, he couldn't say anything with certainty regarding installation but from what info he has right now, it seems like that's not going to be a problem. The install would likely be straightforward. I already got this impression myself from the very detailed post someone here linked to a couple pages back.

I have no rattles on my KG (Gen 2) so far *touch wood* and want to keep it that way for as long as possible

The only rattles I've seen any complaints on was Unobtainiums spoiler. lol

Concur. These things like the dash are designed to be taken apart and put back together. I don't think the rattles worry is really justified here.

I have pulled my 17 dash apart multiple times (including removing CMU) - Everything fits very tights with lots of clips - there is nothing that is going to rattle unless you decide to leave some clips or screws out when you reassemble.

I installed the v 70 firmware. Took about 30 minutes. Im ready for the hardware now. Just have to source it.

01ef3ffca9c23100812498ea28ab13c3.jpg

I have pulled my 17 dash apart multiple times (including removing CMU) - Everything fits very tights with lots of clips - there is nothing that is going to rattle unless you decide to leave some clips or screws out when you reassemble.

(hmm) interesting...

I installed the v 70 firmware. Took about 30 minutes. Im ready for the hardware now. Just have to source it.

01ef3ffca9c23100812498ea28ab13c3.jpg

Yo Kj where did you get the v70 firmware from? Are you able to use the CP/AA without the upgraded USB/aux stuff or would you say to hold off til the hardware can be sourced?

I got it off one of the first few posts over at mazda3revolutuon site.

I copied the link but I cant get paste to come up here on my iPhone. I had to put the two NA US firmware up files on a usb stick. There was a pdf document there as well how to install it.

I dont notice anything different. No CarPlay or AA at all. Over at that forum they said its in the firmware but it looks for the new USB module. Without it, it will not activate. I was hoping for new features like logos and album art on SiriusXM, just like on HD Radio. Doesnt appear to be any new menus. Navigation works the same. Bluetooth works maybe a bit faster. I did not yet experience the bug with my iPhone where Mazda connect thinks Im in a call and I dont get to hear the radio until I disable the iphones bluetooth. So maybe that bug is fixed.

It took about a half hour to update. I wanted to be ready to go for when I can get my hands on the hardware. Ideally I want to do it myself and save dealer labor costs. Even if not, the firmware portion is done and thats a good 30 to 40 minutes of labor not needed.

I wish I could say theres something new and exciting, but after going through ALL menus, I found nothing new. It all works which is great, but the new stuff is all under the hood so to speak until I get the internal usb cables and media module.

I got it off one of the first few posts over at mazda3revolutuon site.

I copied the link but I cant get paste to come up here on my iPhone. I had to put the two NA US firmware up files on a usb stick. There was a pdf document there as well how to install it.

I dont notice anything different. No CarPlay or AA at all. Over at that forum they said its in the firmware but it looks for the new USB module. Without it, it will not activate. I was hoping for new features like logos and album art on SiriusXM, just like on HD Radio. Doesnt appear to be any new menus. Navigation works the same. Bluetooth works maybe a bit faster. I did not yet experience the bug with my iPhone where Mazda connect thinks Im in a call and I dont get to hear the radio until I disable the iphones bluetooth. So maybe that bug is fixed.

It took about a half hour to update. I wanted to be ready to go for when I can get my hands on the hardware. Ideally I want to do it myself and save dealer labor costs. Even if not, the firmware portion is done and thats a good 30 to 40 minutes of labor not needed.

I wish I could say theres something new and exciting, but after going through ALL menus, I found nothing new. It all works which is great, but the new stuff is all under the hood so to speak until I get the internal usb cables and media module.
Good looks man, thanks for the info. Spent the better part of the last 2 hours looking for the cables and the hub. No such luck!

Had you done any hacking with the AOI Tweaks previously and, if so, any issues there?

TIA

No my car came with the 59 502 firmware which requires a special serial connection. I never took the time or investment in the serial TTL adapter to perform this. I kept hearing AA/CarPlay is coming, so I figured I would wait. I hear someone with the tweak who enabled touchscreen while driving installed firmware 70, and his touchscreen still works great while in motion, so the tweak survived. This is one thing I would have liked to do if I had the time and hardware to install AIO using the serial mod. I dont know if I can even do that now. The firmware is so new that the AIO tweaks site isnt updated with any compatibility information yet. I wouldnt risk it without confirmation that it can even run on version 70.

Last edited:
Bracing for the "i have a new rattle" threads in the coming months!

My screen got messed up and they had to replace the whole unit, not just the screen, they claim (though Im skeptical unless they took the storage out of the old one and put it in the new one because all my settings remained) either way they did a good job (no rattles)

I just picked up 2 sets of parts from my local dealer. Will be doing the update on my CX-5 and CX-3 this weekend. :)

I just picked up 2 sets of parts from my local dealer. Will be doing the update on my CX-5 and CX-3 this weekend. :)
You were able to get the cables from the dealer as well? Is there a part number for those? All I've been able to find is people talking about some Chinese cables made by TaoBao (I think?)

What did you ask or tell the dealer when getting those parts. Might try my luck with one of my local dealers next week.

You were able to get the cables from the dealer as well? Is there a part number for those? All I've been able to find is people talking about some Chinese cables made by TaoBao (I think?)

What did you ask or tell the dealer when getting those parts. Might try my luck with one of my local dealers next week.

I posted on the Mazda3 forums my experience - the part numbers are on page 1 - but basically I gave the dealer the part numbers, he had them in stock. But i did say I had a Mazda 6 originally as they like to look up by VIN or Model first.

https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...android-auto-all-here-now-16.html#post2406609

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back