New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question on this. When you go back to MZD does your ACP continue to work? Meaning if you were navigating or listening to Spotify in ACP does that continue?

Yes, it does - audio continues to play when CarPlay isn't frontmost. When you're elsewhere in Mazda Connect, you get a little CarPlay icon in the top left, which you can tap to get back to CarPlay. It also appears in the Applications list, and Connect shows it as the active audio source.

qtyKy5C.jpg

4M4ajmz.jpg

Just had a call from my dealer UK pricing and availability released today officially. 303 all in, including 2 hours of labour.

Not bad, still too much if you ask me. But for that price i'll likely get it. Rather that than try to do it myself. The lastime i took a car apart it was an RC car about 20 years ago!

Just had a call from my dealer UK pricing and availability released today officially. 303 all in, including 2 hours of labour.

Not bad, still too much if you ask me. But for that price i'll likely get it. Rather that than try to do it myself. The lastime i took a car apart it was an RC car about 20 years ago!

From the Mazda Aus Instagram . The info is just reinforcing the date ACP/AA is coming in the 6 is late 18 and all other Mazdas don't have a time yet.

Editing to add the BT 50 comes with ACP/AA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmIl3VejLBd/?taken-by=mazdaaus

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmxqdXFgth9/?taken-by=mazdaaus

mazdaausHi @katherinepaige23, thanks for your comment. We will have a fitted accessory available to allow Mazda models with MZD Connect from 2014 onwards to be upgraded with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability retrospectively. At this stage, we don*t have exact timing nor exact pricing on this. We look forward to sharing more information with you soon! Cheers, Steph

mazdaausHi @lacedoutofficiel, thanks for your comment. We will start to add Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability to new models towards the end of 2018. We will also have a fitted accessory available to allow Mazda models with MZD Connect from 2014 onwards to be upgraded with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability retrospectively. At this stage, we don*t have exact timing nor exact pricing on this. We look forward to sharing more information with you soon! Cheers, Steph

mazdaausHi @teddy.butler.cavoodle, thank you for your comment and enquiry. We will have a fitted accessory available to allow Mazda models with MZD Connect from 2014 onwards to be upgraded with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability retrospectively. At this stage, we don*t have exact timing nor exact pricing on this. We look forward to sharing more information with you soon! Cheers, Steph

katherinepaige23@mazdaaus pricing? So I paid 40k for a car and possibly be paying more to replace a feature that came as standard?

brucewalker0906@mazdaaus any idea why it*s taking so long to work out the cost and timing. Your MD announced it at a big presser day on 27 June. It*s now almost 2 months later.

Last edited:
Yes, it does - audio continues to play when CarPlay isn't frontmost. When you're elsewhere in Mazda Connect, you get a little CarPlay icon in the top left, which you can tap to get back to CarPlay. It also appears in the Applications list, and Connect shows it as the active audio source.

qtyKy5C.jpg

4M4ajmz.jpg

can you test and report how is android auto integration. i have seen videos of acp but there has been no info on how android auto exp is. thanks.

At least that does put the rumor to rest that you could only choose one or the other.

No I mean to get installed. There was a rumour posted at one time that it could only be one or the other.

My dealer has my info but I still havent heard anything back. I guess they havent got word on availability yet either here in US.

I would be curious to see if the new firmware is hackable where you can enable touchscreen while in motion. I would make the special serial cable for that.

If the have an Android phone that is:)
I really wanted to shoot a video but it's really hard to do so and not show too much personal info.
Maps shows where I live or work if I did it there. Contacts pops up with my wife's name first in the list. Stuff like that.

I really wanted to shoot a video but it's really hard to do so and not show too much personal info.
Maps shows where I live or work if I did it there. Contacts pops up with my wife's name first in the list. Stuff like that.

Use editing software to blur out the personal details :)

Does anybody have any idea when the retrofit will be released for US people. I have a 2018 CX-5

It should become available to existing owners when it actually arrives first to brand new cars and that usually occurs when an update happens.

There might be a CX-5 update announced later this year.

It should become available to existing owners when it actually arrives first to brand new cars and that usually occurs when an update happens.

There might be a CX-5 update announced later this year.

Like I said, no one knows, maybe this year but don't be surprised if it's next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back