New 2015 CX5 Touring Owner

4DZC

:
2015 Mazda CX5 Touring
Hello all. Im Lawrence and we recently bought a pearl white 2015 CX5 touring edition for my wife. Love the vehicle, HATE the infotainment system. Looking to replace it with an 8-9" Alpine or Kenwood model soon. Years and years ago I owned a 1989 323 GTX. Miss it everyday. Now we own the Mazda CX5, 2006 Altima SER, 2004 Neon SRT-4, 2000 Frontier, and my baby, 2014 Audi RS5. I am looking to learn more about the CX5 and what performance mods are worth the money. Would also like to fit it with 20" wheels, lower it a lil, and a few other minor things. Ill tell you, I LOVE the fact this vehicle has a tradition auto transmission and NOT the CVT. We drove the Nissan Rogue, and though I liked the 3rd row seat option and the infotainment system, I hated, HATED the CVT. Almost wish we waited for the 2016 but no regrets. The 184hp engine is a real sleeper for a CUV of this size. The only thing that felt quicker was the 230hp Ford Escape with the Ecoboost. Nice vehicle, my sister has a base 2013 Escape. I am here to learn as much as I can about our new CX-5 as I anxiously await the new Speed3 and Speed6. Looking to replace the Altima SER with the Speed6 but want to look at the Speed3. I am 42, retired, and enjoying the Florida sun. Hope to make many friends and as I said, lear alot form the community.
Lawrence

Sheesh 42 and retired, good for you man!!! I don't have much insight on any good head units, I did see someone mentioned one on another thread that had installed it. It was one of the android ones I believe and it was compatible with the car. On the CVT topic, I couldn't agree more. I went and test drove the Subaru Crosstrek. Decent car but definitely underpowered. The CVT was odd at best. I understand it is used for better gas mileage and use of power but IMO Mazda sh*ts on the competitors with the skyactive technology and a NORMAL transmission.. Mazda still competes well with similar gas mileage scores.

Do you have any noticeable wind noise from the, new style, mirrors they are using on the 2015s.

I have old style mirrors. They don't have signal flasher on front like 2015s. The '15s were re- shaped to prevent mirror vibration.

Though i really dont have anything to compare them to, I would have to say I do not notice any wind noise...at least anything that bothers me. My wife has not mentioned anything either. I am pretty sensitive to annoying noises in vehicles...sorry, I hope this helps.

Thanks for your quick response. Hope you continue to enjoy your Cx-5. Do you have much road noise problem?

No, the vehicle is nice and quiet. Its not quite as quiet as our Audi RS5, but then again they are in total different classes. For what it is, and from all the other CUVs in its class, I/we felt the lil CX-5 was by FAR the best performer on just about ALL levels, including cabin serenity.

Welcome! I also have a '15 Touring.

The infotainment is indeed... lacking. I will say that the road noise is quiet for me - although, I still think this heavily relies on the roads in your area in general. While some people complain of the road noise, others may not.

Hello all. Im Lawrence and we recently bought a pearl white 2015 CX5 touring edition for my wife. Love the vehicle, HATE the infotainment system. Looking to replace it with an 8-9" Alpine or Kenwood model soon. Years and years ago I owned a 1989 323 GTX. Miss it everyday. Now we own the Mazda CX5, 2006 Altima SER, 2004 Neon SRT-4, 2000 Frontier, and my baby, 2014 Audi RS5. I am looking to learn more about the CX5 and what performance mods are worth the money. Would also like to fit it with 20" wheels, lower it a lil, and a few other minor things. Ill tell you, I LOVE the fact this vehicle has a tradition auto transmission and NOT the CVT. We drove the Nissan Rogue, and though I liked the 3rd row seat option and the infotainment system, I hated, HATED the CVT. Almost wish we waited for the 2016 but no regrets. The 184hp engine is a real sleeper for a CUV of this size. The only thing that felt quicker was the 230hp Ford Escape with the Ecoboost. Nice vehicle, my sister has a base 2013 Escape. I am here to learn as much as I can about our new CX-5 as I anxiously await the new Speed3 and Speed6. Looking to replace the Altima SER with the Speed6 but want to look at the Speed3. I am 42, retired, and enjoying the Florida sun. Hope to make many friends and as I said, lear alot form the community.
Lawrence

Just curious, did you get the moonroof with it? I want to get the moonroof package with a 2015 Touring, but I'd really have to haggle on that price.

Yes, the moonroof and the 9 speakers Bose was the only upgrade we have. Only wanted the moonroof but the Bose was part of the package.

No, the vehicle is nice and quiet. Its not quite as quiet as our Audi RS5, but then again they are in total different classes. For what it is, and from all the other CUVs in its class, I/we felt the lil CX-5 was by FAR the best performer on just about ALL levels, including cabin serenity.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your CX-5. It is a great vehicle. I have enjoyed mine as well. Obviously, they had made some updates to cabin quietness since 2014. That has been my only complaint. I have done quite a bit of sound dampening and working on door seals to stop wind noise. The last leg of the journey is to replace the mirrors and I will be good to go.

So I too, picked up a 2015 CX-5 Touring in white. I got it about a week and a half ago. I did want to hold out for the 2016 because I do like the updates on that year model but unfortunately I had to pull the trigger on the '15. The car I was using was becoming unsafe which put me in the situation to make the deal. It was either drop a lot of money into the old car or use that money towards a new car which I was getting within 6 months anyway.

First thoughts on the car.. I love it(dance). It drives really well, the suspension has a nice feel. The steering is really nice. I do not think road noise is bad at all so I am not sure of the complaints on that, I have no problem there. I do completely understand the complaints on the infotainment system which I knew of beforehand, yes a little slow and sometimes glitchy.

Second thoughts on car.. The day after I took delivery we got a decent snow with some of the usual sh*t road conditions. The Cx-5 handled like a champ. Drove through everything with ease. Stopped and started effortlessly while others (what used to be me) were left eating my tossed snow as they spun their tires trying to gain traction. Saw no problem with any AWD delays. Did see a little understeer when I throttled through a turn but that was expected being that I stepped on the gas, I know I read complaints about that but didn't experience it in other situations.

I've had my 2015 Touring FWD, since early June, and still love it!! I got the Soul Red. Up until that day I bought it, I hadn't even ever driven a Mazda before. I'm usually a Ford or Honda guy. I don't think the road noise is any worse than anything else I've driven. The driver's side mirror does seem to vibrate a bit much at highway speeds, more than I've noticed on other vehicles I've driven. I got them to "throw in"(of course, I'm sure I paid for them) the trailer hitch(for a bike rack) and the cargo cover. I made them requirements if we were to have a deal. Only other think I've added are MaxPider-3D floor mats.

We've had quite a bit of snow up here in the NE Ohio, but, the FWD has been fine, no problems getting around. I'm sure AWD is nicer, but, didn't want to pay the additional $1250 and lose the 2 or 3 MPG.

Back