NEW 11:1 Wiseco Pistons/K-1 Longrod set (FSDE) - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

br289165

:
'02 P5/2 Audi A4s
NEW 11:1 Wiseco Pistons/K-1 Longrod set (FSDE)

11:1 compression, custom (83.40 mm diameter oversize) forged Wiseco pistons with K-1 forged longrods, Wiseco rings/wristpins/clips included, brand new in the boxes. Intended for a high power NA build, or a Turbo build with moderate boost. Or if you wanna run big nitrous and make BIG POWER these are what you need! Paid over $900 new, these were a one off run for my build. Asking $800 shipped in the U.S. outside of the U.S. additional shipping must apply. Will consider reasonable offers.

List Date: 4/4/2013

For more info, click here to view the original listing: NEW 11:1 Wiseco Pistons/K-1 Longrod set (FSDE)
--------------------------------------
Item Has Been Sold.

--------------------------------------
ga.aspx

Mobile friendly version: NEW 11:1 Wiseco Pistons/K-1 Longrod set (FSDE)

By long rod you mean that's the name of the actual part or is it longer than the stock rod? Language barrier here.... at least for specialty part names, lol

its a longer rod than stock that requires a certain piston for it. I have only seen them in 8.8:1 cr before now.

so the 11.1 cr is reached WITH the long rod or will it increase with the piston PLUS the long rod? pardon my ignorance

I think the long rod just reduces how far the piston needs to travel? maybe less stress or something.

Ok, thanks for the replies. the real question now is, them being long rods, will they impact the compression ratio, or does it stay 11.1? higher? clear the deck?

Sorry for the Delay.
-I doubt the stock ECU would make automatic adjustments for the fuel and ignition required to get the benefit from the high compression, with the same a/f mixture and ignition angle as the stock 9.1:1 pistons you might get a little more torque, but i would imagine you would always run lean.
-Moderate boost would be maybe 10 psi, with proper fuel and ignition control.With the added static compression it would yield quite a bit more power than a stock piston with stock turbo boost such as a stock MSP has and the forged metal can handle more stress than stock.The forged 8.8 piston with forged rods, would allow for more boost due to a higher detonation threshold allowing more ignition advance than the 11:1 set I'm selling.
-Stock rod length is 5.315" these are 5.4".
-The wrist pin was moved up in this design to allow for stock stroke length
-The long rods are needed to make the 11:1 compression, if a stock rod length was used, it would lower the compression.
-The higher compression is reached with a higher piston top on these and were designed to work with these long rods as a set.
-These custom pistons were designed to accommodate my relatively high lift and duration Integral stage 2.5 cams and a head that's milled .050", with deep valve relief, so with a stock head there's plenty of clearance.
-Less dwell time at TDC and less side load on the piston skirts when the pistons are moving to, at and away from TDC, allowing for less stress and wear on everything giving more safe RPM capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back