NEMOC Random BS Thread

Reitrof

Contributor
:
08 Miata;18 3;21 3
So heard the Magnaflow and it's way too quiet. Ordered the Corksport but it won't be available till spring.

Took my winter rims from the miata, added 5mm spacers and put them on the 3. Going to use the FD rims from the Miata and use them on the 3 for my summer wheels.

It's going to be a long winter.

So heard the Magnaflow and it's way too quiet. Ordered the Corksport but it won't be available till spring.

Took my winter rims from the miata, added 5mm spacers and put them on the 3. Going to use the FD rims from the Miata and use them on the 3 for my summer wheels.

It's going to be a long winter.

It is very logical to take discs from a manufacturer you trust. I will be trite if I say that winter is just the most dangerous time due to a large number of accidents. An equally commonplace thing is to provide your car with a high-quality grip with the roadway in order to minimize the risk of skidding. So, in this situation, you should give preference only to a trusted manufacturer.

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
2016 Miata Club, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175
It is very logical to take discs from a manufacturer you trust. I will be trite if I say that winter is just the most dangerous time due to a large number of accidents. An equally commonplace thing is to provide your car with a high-quality grip with the roadway in order to minimize the risk of skidding. So, in this situation, you should give preference only to a trusted manufacturer.
? 🙄

CTt3P5

TAD
Contributor
:
2008 MX-5 SE

I believe he is saying that Bruce is smart for using his former/known wheels/tires (discs/high quality grip) for winter use on the new 3.

Those JDM FD wheels are going to look great on the 3! Have you used spacers in the past Bruce? I am still shopping for a summer set of wheels and have contemplated picking up another set of OEM MX-5 17's cheap and having them powder coated. Considering the high offset, I would look to run a 15mm/20mm combo F/R, probably from Garage Line.

Reitrof

Contributor
:
08 Miata;18 3;21 3
First time for me using spacers. From what I've read though anymore than 5mm you need to use longer studs. The only downside for me using the miata wheels and tires is the tire diameter. lost 3mph at 60 but with the low profile it handles better.