Need help with 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring subwoofer install

I'm stuck trying to tap into the right wires for my RCAs into the line output converter (Loc80). Dual12" woofers and amp installed. Power is everywhere and clean. I think I'm trying to tap into the wrong wires. I first tried under the passenger side kick panel next to glove compartment in the tuner amp. May have been I'm the wrong wires and I tried multiple different wiring diagrams. I was just told to hook into the Bose amp under passenger seat. I found another diagram to try out but I'm stuck.
Does anyone know the proper tap-in wires?? I'm tired of this as it's been a lot of time now. Thanks for any kind of help. Much appreciated

I used a JBL Bass Hub which fits the spare wheel - simple install - just run 12v from battery to boot with earth/ ground to a convenient position - I fitted to seat belt anchor point - you can connect active amp built into hub via front speaker inputs before amp if your vehicle as off head unit these only produce 3.2v - input on hub between 0.25 - 8v - this unit is plenty powerful enough for sub - I use with amped main unit at 60w a channel with no issues and it comes with a useful remote for frequency and gain levels etc. If you are going to exchange door speakers etc using original wiring JBL GTO 629,s will match well with hub and being 3ohm rather than 4 ohm will perform with the thin factory cable even direct from original head unit amp but for real power I left original wiring in place but reran speaker wiring to new amp in 14g - and placed amp under passenger seat connecting to head unit outputs in front of amp - again no LOC required as only 3.2v 🙂
As above - you can use factory wiring to speakers etc. but there are limits - you can’t get a pint out of a 1/2 pint pot …….the better a speakers and sub levels the more you will want🤣🤣🤣

Upvote 0
You have to slightly modify it. And I do mean slightly.
With the Bose amp, you don't use the blue breakout box. Instead you use RCA's that you have to connect *to the harness*.

The beauty of this harness is, you don't cut any factory wiring. Everything remains 100% intact.

On the part of the PAC harness that leads to the blue box, that's where you splice in RCA's to feed your amps. And then you don't use that box.

Attachments

• PXL_20230421_180350594.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230421_180350594.MP.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0
Back