Need help choosing amplifier

Ninkumpoop

:
2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed3
Current set-up is 600 watt RMS 2-channel no-name brand powering my older Rockford Fosgate T1 12" 600 RMS (x2). I'm looking to get something to maximize these woofers without blowing em but I don't know enough about speakers, tbh, so I require some assistance. Any suggestions on which amp or what RMS or whatever channel to be looking for???

it all depends if you are on a budget or not alpine makes an nice inexpensive mono block amp like the mrp-500 massive has some really nice amps but more money its better to have more power and just de tune the amp so it does not have to work as hard and will last longer and sound excellent as well just make sure you get a pro shop to tune your sub they should use a bass cd to hit all the notes and tune your subs and amp all together good luck

Thanks for your input. I'm thinking of going with an Elemental Design NINe.1 amp that my friend referred me to. Now I just have to save up cash for a month or so...

Last edited:
Well since you have rockford why not stick with rockford amps? And another great thing about rockford is they have an awesome warranty plan! 2 year warranty on amps and if you also buy a wiring kit of theirs it bumps your amps warranty up a year! Just place the sticker out of the wiring kit on your receit!

Sundown Audio =)

I'm running 2 x 10' Sundown subs paired with a Sundown SA1500. Absolute quality amps, great prices, look slick too if you are showing them off. Check it out =)

I also agree with JL Audio. I have two of them in my car and I've had them for around 4 years now. Looks and sounds as good as the day I bought them. I would go with the 1000/1 amp though

Well since you have 2 subs check out rockford's amp line up! They make incredible stuff! bdcp series is there best and you get more power then what you pay for! Pound for pound rockford's put out more power then all the competitors and have awesome warranties for there amps (not that it will ever break, they're monsters!)

Back