Need Change!! Honda style.

Yaaay toys!!

2013-05-17 17.05.24.jpg
2013-05-18 12.27.04.jpg

Although there are plenty of people that are running the stock strusts, I'm thinking about matching some new ones with these springs.
Since I'll need the OEM + 2" length, how should I go about it? Call the manufacturers directly? I'm such a n00b in this area.

A couple of options I found:
bilstein 4600 series
tokico Trekmaster

But again, I have NO clue which model I should be getting. Any advise is appreciated.

Nothing? Damn, people. I thought at least half of your lived in the country and did your own offroading. weak.

Thoughts on these:

E8D9447C4AF65E5E4A661C33C33FF46C.jpg

You're asking for advice on your Honda on a Mazda forum where we all want to go lower, not higher. Oh you... ;)

Larry loves black wheels. What specs are they?

Yes, this thing is lacking some cohones for sure.. some day.. maybe.
These wheels are only made in 15" - I'll probably go 15x8, 0 offset.
Won't be good for a car as they are steels and weight around 26 lbs.

You are right though, Evan, I was just hoping people had experience with non-standard suspension. It's easy to drop the car, but when you raise it and overextend the struts, it's a completely different story. So OEM + 2" + 99-01 civic / cr-v mounts.. Probably going to be a custom job. boo.

Gots me some cleaning products. Once I have the outside stuff done - it's time to make her shine! Even found the right touchup.
2013-05-23 17.15.29.jpg

Nice and clean Fez. Looks good. I can't believe I am saying this but.... I think those wheels will look pretty good. Will you use white lettered tires?

Yes, I think the tires I'm opting for will have white lettering on it.
If anything, I can just use tire shine to cover it up, but I have a good feeling about this. :)

Holy mother of pain in the ass. Getting wheels and tires that fit, match, and are of a desired price has proven to be waaay too complicated.
Wheels are going to be 15x8 with 4" back spacing and -13 offset. I have a feeling they are going stick out a bit much. :/ Such crap.
And since the tire width is 9.1" or so, they are not going to bulge out over the wheels, which was a desired outcome originally. bah.

Tires are 235x75x15. Pretty beefy, but now I'm thinking about going 255 for 10" width.

That tired B20 is going to struggle with those heavy ass wheels/tires, brotha. You better put a turbo on it. ;)

Yea, the engine isn't going to be very happy.. Depending on the c-tree status, maybe I'll do something with it next year. But for now I'll just grandpa the f*ck out of it. :D

Wow, those wheels and tires completely transformed the V. Looking good, man.

No rubbing, except for hard turns. I even jumped up and down on that thing to make sure everything clears.
Going to clean up / paint / remove some plastics eventually, but nothing major.

Back