• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Need Change!! Honda style.

Kiseliok

Christmas Tree
:
maz-duh
Yaaay toys!!

2013-05-17 17.05.24.jpg
2013-05-18 12.27.04.jpg

Although there are plenty of people that are running the stock strusts, I'm thinking about matching some new ones with these springs.
Since I'll need the OEM + 2" length, how should I go about it? Call the manufacturers directly? I'm such a n00b in this area.

A couple of options I found:
bilstein 4600 series
tokico Trekmaster

But again, I have NO clue which model I should be getting. Any advise is appreciated.

Kiseliok

Christmas Tree
:
maz-duh
Nothing? Damn, people. I thought at least half of your lived in the country and did your own offroading. weak.

Thoughts on these:

Lewis7789

Evan aka "Lady Hands"
Contributor
:
1995 MX-5, 2006 MZ5, 2001 Yamaha R1
You're asking for advice on your Honda on a Mazda forum where we all want to go lower, not higher. Oh you... ;)

Larry loves black wheels. What specs are they?

Kiseliok

Christmas Tree
:
maz-duh
Yes, this thing is lacking some cohones for sure.. some day.. maybe.
These wheels are only made in 15" - I'll probably go 15x8, 0 offset.
Won't be good for a car as they are steels and weight around 26 lbs.

You are right though, Evan, I was just hoping people had experience with non-standard suspension. It's easy to drop the car, but when you raise it and overextend the struts, it's a completely different story. So OEM + 2" + 99-01 civic / cr-v mounts.. Probably going to be a custom job. boo.

Kiseliok

Christmas Tree
:
maz-duh
Gots me some cleaning products. Once I have the outside stuff done - it's time to make her shine! Even found the right touchup.
2013-05-23 17.15.29.jpg

:
2003 Protege5, 2006 Mazda3, 2015 CX5
Nice and clean Fez. Looks good. I can't believe I am saying this but.... I think those wheels will look pretty good. Will you use white lettered tires?

Kiseliok

Christmas Tree
:
maz-duh
Yes, I think the tires I'm opting for will have white lettering on it.
If anything, I can just use tire shine to cover it up, but I have a good feeling about this. :)

Kiseliok

Christmas Tree
:
maz-duh
Holy mother of pain in the ass. Getting wheels and tires that fit, match, and are of a desired price has proven to be waaay too complicated.
Wheels are going to be 15x8 with 4" back spacing and -13 offset. I have a feeling they are going stick out a bit much. :/ Such crap.
And since the tire width is 9.1" or so, they are not going to bulge out over the wheels, which was a desired outcome originally. bah.

Tires are 235x75x15. Pretty beefy, but now I'm thinking about going 255 for 10" width.

Lewis7789

Evan aka "Lady Hands"
Contributor
:
That tired B20 is going to struggle with those heavy ass wheels/tires, brotha. You better put a turbo on it. ;)

Kiseliok

Christmas Tree
:
maz-duh
Yea, the engine isn't going to be very happy.. Depending on the c-tree status, maybe I'll do something with it next year. But for now I'll just grandpa the f*ck out of it. :D

Lewis7789

Evan aka "Lady Hands"
Contributor
:
Wow, those wheels and tires completely transformed the V. Looking good, man.

Kiseliok

Christmas Tree
:
maz-duh
No rubbing, except for hard turns. I even jumped up and down on that thing to make sure everything clears.
Going to clean up / paint / remove some plastics eventually, but nothing major.

Weekly Poll: Interested in the new Mazda3?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I’d prefer a CX-30

Votes: 4 22.2%