Need brake pad reccomendations!!!

There are some parts of a car where I use the official parts. Brakes is one of them. The extra cost is like a life insurance to me.

Well, many a few people have already posted in this forum on what brake pads they have purchased and prefer. IMHO do not go with the brake pads that came with the vehicle. I did not have a major issue with them like I did with the rotors, but they do produce brake dust residue. I personally went with a Centric ceramic based pad both front and back. The stopping power is as good as you would expect, but the residue left behind is actually quite nominal.

I put the Centric ceramics on as well and am impressed with their stopping power with little residue...I highly reccommend them.

After 46,000 I have zero brake residue on the rims. These are original pads and was told last month still a significant amount of pad left....I'll stick with the OEM

After 46,000 I have zero brake residue on the rims. These are original pads and was told last month still a significant amount of pad left....I'll stick with the OEM

Yeah and I still have the original oil in and it looks pristine. Lol.

Agreed. Working for a dealer, I see CX-9's come in at any variety of mileage and a wide variety of owners, and rarely ever brake replacements...at least not for a long time and many, many miles. And as you've said, little to no noticeable brake dust build up, ever. Quite pleased with the factory linings in that regard.

I agree with SeCX9 on the OEM parts. My 09 has just over 51K on the original and have never had any brake dust! Most of those miles have been added by taking several long mileage road trips, so I believe that is why the long-term life. When it comes to changing things I plan on doing more research on the options, just in case.

I have 40K on the OE rotors and pads.
Occasional long trips, but mostly commuting.
Still rated as "good condition" at recent full-circle inspection (free).
There may be better rotors and pads out there, but I will stick with the OE ones.

P.S. I don't drive like a grandma. I follow traffic flow around me. (hi)

Last edited:
55,000 miles and just replaced all my pads . I was told the front were pretty much gone but the back had about 50% left. One rear rotor had some rough spots causing the pulsating. Rotors were good, just needed some resurfacing. Cost me $410 which I don't think is bad for 55K miles.

P.S. Didn't go with Mazda service as I figured they be an arm and a leg but they still used Ceramic pads.

OEM is best, but if you have to go aftermarket Wagner thermo-quiet or Wagner edge. Both are very good pads and give off minimal brake dust... Can be bought at your local auto parts store...

Autozone does not sell Wagner pads, they sell duralast. C-max is the duralast ceramic. Wagner is great quality and for alot less $ than oem...

Well, were at 23,000 miles and the front's are shot. Ouboard pads and outboard rotor surface look like new.

Inboards are shot due to the rotor disintegrating.

Don't buy the hype that factory stuff is "the best". I manage a fleet of police cruisers and I can say without a doubt that the right aftermarket pad/rotor setup is vastly superior.

I'll post pics later.

oem is usually good enough to get them out the door. Think of oem as setting the bar to average. Will oem work, yes, will it be superior to anything else out there? not likely ( i don't say no, because there is always that one OEM thing you can't get anywhere else. :) )

I replaced mine with the EBC's a few months back, lots of dust initially, but some good stopping power. I have had Hawk brakes on everything else I have owned in the past and they work really well, and I think are now making a pad for the CX-9, if they are, that would be what I would check out, I think every product they make gets high reviews.

Back