Need assistance with removing Protege5 Roof Rack

Hello, I’m wanting to take off my roof rack, and I’ve found the How To in the forums, but the pictures are broken for me. Anyone else have some pictures or a guide? Let me know if you can see the pictures on the thread too.

Thanks!

1st remove the screws you see where the cross bars attach. That will allow you to pop the top covers off. Then youll see the bolts that hold the bars to the runners/roof. Remove those bolts and lift the cross bars off. There are specific delete caps that cover where the cross bars attached leaving sleek black runners on the roof.

Upvote 0
1st remove the screws you see where the cross bars attach. That will allow you to pop the top covers off. Then youll see the bolts that hold the bars to the runners/roof. Remove those bolts and lift the cross bars off. There are specific delete caps that cover where the cross bars attached leaving sleek black runners on the roof.
Ah, and removing those runners requires taking off the headliner correct?

Upvote 0
No. The runners stay on the roof and use those specific caps to cover the holes where crossbars attached.
Getting delete strips removes the runners and leaves the roof flat. That process requires dropping the headliner to get to the nuts/bolts holding the runners/ delete strips to the roof.
Which do you want to do?
Sorry, I misread your post - yes removing the runners requires dropping the headliner. Using the caps allows you to delete crossbars but not have to drop the headliner.

Upvote 0
No. The runners stay on the roof and use those specific caps to cover the holes where crossbars attached.
Getting delete strips removes the runners and leaves the roof flat. That process requires dropping the headliner to get to the nuts/bolts holding the runners/ delete strips to the roof.
Which do you want to do?
I want that flat roof baby!
I gotta drop the headliner it sounds like...

Upvote 0
Try this post but I am still looking for another one I remember with good pics.

Upvote 0
Try this post but i am still looking for another one I remember with good pics
I know the How-To had pictures at some point, I just can’t see them. The instructions are so well written, it'd be a shame if I didn’t get the pictures.

Upvote 0
I've got the strips for a flat roof if you want them.

I've only got one "filler cap" though but you can use it to fabricate more of them.

20210328_192904.jpg
20210328_193005.jpg
20210328_192910.jpg
20210328_192910.jpg
20210328_193005.jpg
20210328_192904.jpg

Make me an offer.

Upvote 0
Side note...Just a reminder @pcb, For Sale related offers are to be posted in our Marketplace and need to include pics with a handwritten sign...

Marketplace Rules...

Upvote 0
Side note...Just a reminder @pcb, For Sale related offers are to be posted in our Marketplace and need to include pics with a handwritten sign...

Marketplace Rules...
Oops. Sorry I forgot about that. I'm old and type with one finger. I hate the Google.

Upvote 0
Back