NB1 TomTom with Live services, in Canada?

I don't think this works with our car. I think it's only for standalone GPS that have support for the Live Services. I wouldn't buy it until you can confirm.

I don't think this works with our car. I think it's only for standalone GPS that have support for the Live Services. I wouldn't buy it until you can confirm.

Whether this works may be a function of where you live. I currently get traffic updates and suggested route changes WHEN I HAVE A ROUTE PLOTTED IN THE NAV SYSTEM in both Ottawa and Toronto. I also get the red light camera alarm regardless of whether I am using the NAV, in Ottawa. Is there a menu to turn this functionality on/off? Not a clue.

Brian

Yes, the red light cameras are stored on the SD card and updated when you plug it into a computer. The traffic changes I believe are transmitted via radio frequency. I think the "Live Services" use a cell connection.

The LIVE services is only for European CX-5s and like others have mentioned, it uses a cell phone connection built into the unit.
For North America, traffic information is received via the FM antenna automatically.
For Speed Cameras, you need to download the speed camera database. Download TomTom Home and update your GPS maps and download the free speed camera add on.

Back