Navi for Under $50

sulaco

Most of you probably already know this, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Our 2016.5 CX-5 Touring came with the optional navigation add-on and we missed it when we bought our 2019 Touring. I didn't want to spend 300 some odd dollars to pay the stealership to "install" it, so I did some research and found a seller on eBay selling new SD cards for navi. I bought one for about $45 shipped and installed it in the slot in the center console. Then I cranked the car up and let it sit for a couple of minutes. When I went to the navi screen it was working. It's worked perfectly ever since!

If it didn't come with a printed Mazda manual, it's likely a pirated copy ... technically illegal ... though a single backup of an original card is permissable under the user agreement.

Should have just programmed the Nav onto an SD card yourself.

Man, you've really got something against dealerships huh? The dealerships don't assign product pricing, the supplier does. No reason to hate on the dealerships for the high cost of enabling Navigation.

Last edited:
I am pretty anti pirating. But this is a giant exception. I tell everyone to get these from Amazon. $300+ is robbery.

Back