NAV Screen Night Mode (2016 CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech Pkg)

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech
New purchase! Just drove home last night from dealer after dark and gps screen was too bright. Definitely in Day mode. Poked around in settings just sitting in the garage and was able to manually put into Night mode going through all the menus, and screen looked like it should when in night mode...

Isn't it supposed to switch automatically?

Is there any (easy) way to manually switch it while driving?

Yes, sorry it was in auto mode when I looked in the settings.
I tested what day/night mode should look like then set it back to Auto.

What does auto depend on? a light sensor? time of day?

If it doesn't switch when I want it to, like on the way home last night, is there any (easy) way to manually switch it while driving?

Twist the odometer reset post/knob counter clockwise. I would bet that it is twisted to the full bright position.
the quick way to turn the interior to night mode, is to turn on the headlights.

Last edited:
Twist the odometer reset post/knob counter clockwise. I would bet that it is twisted to the full bright position.
the quick way to turn the interior to night mode, is to turn on the headlights.

I will play with the odo knob. Turning on headlights is exactly how my other car's NAV screen works. But I was driving with my headlights on all the way home and it did not change the screen to night mode. Guess I have some more testing to do. Will report back when resolved.

Thanks all!

Got it sorted out. Did in fact have to do with the odo knob. Turned that down to the correct position with headlights on until NAV screen darkened.

Thanks again.

Back